No announcement yet.

FYI: German Audio Specialties is not closed...yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luke its a tragedy that your closing. Ive purchased many items from you from boxes to amp racks to stereo installs to everything and you have always been stand up. I will say there was a few delays etc but you always kept me in the loop. I appreciate you being instrumental to the audio engineering of the infamous e30 and hope you closig is a bullahit lie but alas if not i appreciate you and your business
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Im a very happy customer of Lukes. I had a 12" box and it was glorious. Sadly, the car no longer being a full time street car I need to take the box out for the roll bar thats going in.

Luke, I wish you the best in the future endeavors
      Last edited by 2mAn; 10-29-2016, 06:50 PM.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Is it too late!?

Can I still buy a 10 inch box or did I miss the train?

Comment

This is a terrible disappointment. Apparently I have been very out of the loop for almost a year (life stuff), and I am very sad to hear that GAS is done. Luke is an awesome guy, and while I never met him in person, I spoke with him over the phone about some electronic product ideas. He is the most rabidly passionate guy about car audio that I have ever met, and he has the knowledge to match that passion. I personally own his 8" Lite box and it is superbly well made. Some of you on here have probably seen my projects and the anal-retentiveness that goes along with them, and I can tell you that the GAS boxes were the real deal. The construction is excellent, and if WW-III ever breaks out, I would crawl into that box and wait it out if I could fit. Delivery of the box was swift and there was no funny-business involved.

Being that GAS was all of 2 men, I can see how orders might take a little longer than anticipated sometimes. That, and we are all human, and if Luke forgot about an order here & there, I know he would go out of his way to make it right based on my own interaction with him and seeing his involvement in the car community for over a decade. I don't know what happened last year, exactly, other than what is in this thread. The situation sounds sort of murky, and maybe Luke shouldn't have said OK to build something off of guesstimates, but it sure as hell does not seem like something that he should be ruined over. Everyone makes mistakes and it blows my mind that someone would waste dozens of hours ruining someone else over a couple hundred $ (which was apparently refunded, and could have been returned via PayPal dispute anyway).

So, Luke, I am sad to see you shutting down, it is a major loss to the community. I hope that you are able to take some time to decompress and try to recover some mental well-being. If you ever do decide to go the route of selling plans for some of the enclosures, I would be happy to make you nice professional CAD drawings, free of charge. Obviously, I can see how selling plans would be a very short-term thing because some asshat would inevitably upload them for cheapskates to steal, so maybe it is a dumb idea, I don't know.

Best of luck. If you are ever in the CA Bay Area let me know, I'll buy you a drink.
          Last edited by bmwman91; 10-07-2016, 08:29 AM.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

At first I was sad to see Luke closing shop because of the help, support, and products he gave to the community, but never really knew what the community was loosing until I installed my 8" box last night. Not only is the quality well beyond the price it literally transforms the car. I feel bad for anyone who won't have the opportunity to buy one now.
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I was thinking that recently too... well I have a 10" box and rack for this e30, what if I have to buy another? No point to have a BMW without one. Easily best system I have had in my car in 25 years of different attempts. I went all in with the e34 speakers and crossovers too.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                At first I was sad to see Luke closing shop because of the help, support, and products he gave to the community, but never really knew what the community was loosing until I installed my 8" box last night. Not only is the quality well beyond the price it literally transforms the car. I feel bad for anyone who won't have the opportunity to buy one now.
                Wow...thank you!

People, Im packing up the woodshop at the end of this week, landlord needs the space and I need to get on with my life.

If you want a box, hit the site, get it on order, Ill get it out just as soon as I can.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Give this man your business... Certainly shouldn't have any difficulty given his dedication to the community for a ridiculously substantial amount of time. Thanks Luke, sad to see this shit happen.
                  '86 325es M50

Comment

Is it too late? I need a box for my E30.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1Bad67 View Post
                      Is it too late? I need a box for my E30.
                      I still have 1 10" built and not spoken for (the other 3 are sold), buy it from the site when you are ready, they are going up in price shortly here and free shipping will end soon.

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        I still have 1 10" built and not spoken for (the other 3 are sold), buy it from the site when you are ready, they are going up in price shortly here and free shipping will end soon.
                        I ordered one a week after you wrote this but I haven't heard anything :(. Are you still producing these?

:thankyou:
                        E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

Originally posted by AllydNYC View Post
                          I ordered one a week after you wrote this but I haven't heard anything :(. Are you still producing these?

:thankyou:
                          Well, THEY ARE CLOSED. I was really looking forward to getting one of these boxes. I've been working on the mechanical aspects of my car over the years, I haven't had the funds for this until recently.

As much as it hurts me to say this, given all the information and great products that have been offered over the years, I have tried every way possible to get in touch with Luke. I've been without $250 for about 1 1/2 months with no communication and no box/amp rack. Unfortunately, I had to open up a PayPal claim and wait a couple more weeks before it can be decided (hopefully) that I can my money back.

I'm bummed out. I guess it's now off to create a WTB post on the off chance someone is selling one used.
                          Last edited by AllydNYC; 01-25-2017, 01:41 PM.
                          E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

Comment

Well, THEY ARE CLOSED.
                            Nope.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              Nope.
                              Hiatus?

Comment

Well, THEY ARE CLOSED. I was really looking forward to getting one of these boxes. I've been working on the mechanical aspects of my car over the years, I haven't had the funds for this until recently.

As much as it hurts me to say this, given all the information and great products that have been offered over the years, I have tried every way possible to get in touch with Luke. I've been without $250 for about 1 1/2 months with no communication and no box/amp rack. Unfortunately, I had to open up a PayPal claim and wait a couple more weeks before it can be decided (hopefully) that I can my money back.

I'm bummed out. I guess it's now off to create a WTB post on the off chance someone is selling one used.
                                I just simply gave up (except this post). Luke had so many friends step in on his behalf and accuse me of 'destroying' his business and, because I am a lady, they called me all kinds of vile, nasty, sexist names. To say I was abused, is putting it mildly. I put in for a paypal claim, and because I had received a defective box (that Luke told me to chuck in the trash), Luke exercised his 'right' to force me to ship the box back if I wanted the refund. Because I didn't have the will or desire to wrap proper cardboard and ship the heavy thing at my expense, paypal later reversed the claim in favor of Luke. Luke's friends came after me with a vengeance on Facebook with a hate/smear campaign.

He's got wickedly loyal friends - so much, they are willing to destroy someone who takes to the boards to complain about the very thing you are posting here.

He seems to be proud of himself. It's scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X