External wastegate turbo suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External wastegate turbo suggestions?

So, im fairly new to turbos and FI in general. So if you guys will see a lot of stupid questions from me on this forum in the future couple month, i apologize.

Anyways, i cant seem to find a turbo. I want something with external wastegate, spools fast, and cheap. (Probably seems unrealistic, huh?) I have been thinking about getting holset h1c, but its a big turbo and ill have pretty big lag, which i dont want. Hx35 are only internal wastegated i believe? so are hy35.? Garrett are expensive.

while doing my reseach i stumped upon this site, it has some turbos, some fast spooling external wastegate turbos, but the prices seem a bit suspicion. so i assumed they are bad? http://www.speedyracer.com/turbochar...d-Turbocharger

hx35w has an internal wastegate. hx35 does not have an internal wastegate.

Comment

Oh really? will be looking for one with no wastegate then. It's just that the only ones I saw for sale on eBay and etc. were internal so I figured... Thanks a lot!

Comment

A lot of people on this site have had good luck finding them on cummins forums. I would say search there.

Comment

yeah, i realized that ebay doesnt do much unless you get lucky, so ill probably search on truck forums and maybe even at junk yards... who knows..

Comment

Aren't the internal gates on those set for 28+ psi? You can't use a boost controller to lower the spring pressure.
            Also, I am not sure which engine you have, but I don't think you will fit a turbo with an internal wastegate on a 24v. I had to shave the wastegate brackets off of my HX35 just to get it to clear the valve cover.

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
              Aren't the internal gates on those set for 28+ psi? You can't use a boost controller to lower the spring pressure.
              Also, I am not sure which engine you have, but I don't think you will fit a turbo with an internal wastegate on a 24v. I had to shave the wastegate brackets off of my HX35 just to get it to clear the valve cover.
              Just gonna have to run 28+PSI!
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

94 17 psi HX35W 12
                95-98 17 psi HX35W 12
                96-98 23 psi HX35W 12
                98-00 ETC 20.8 psi HX35W 12
                01 ETC 23 psi HX35W 12
                01 ETH 26 psi HX35W 12

My number was a tad off

Comment

I have a brand new hx35 with no wastegate, im thinking about selling it to up grade to ball bearing. If your interested I can try to find the one I want then I can sell this one.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Pmed

Comment

What size is your Hx35? CM^12?
                      1997 Artic Silver M3
                      CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Working...
                      X