Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People suck ass at driving on the highway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many people in my area must have ordered their cars with the "turn indicator delete" option. You have to be a mind reader anymore. Someone told me they didn't like to use their signal on the highway because it gave the driver in the lane they were merging into the opportunity to speed up and prevent changing lanes. Really? So you'd rather get over unannounced and now have that same angry driver behind you riding your ass? Sure if they hit you it's "their fault" but now your whole day is fucked too.
    I once read that the way to make everyone a safer driver would be to replace the airbags on all cars with a sharp 10" spike mounted to the steering wheel.
    Safer cars make for more stupid drivers.
    I guess it won't matter in 40 years or so when driver operated cars are made illegal on public roads.

Comment

How about what I call proximity drivers? The ones who will slow down so that they only pass at about 1/64mph faster than the car they are overtaking? After they complete the pass they hit the throttle and resume their normal speed.

Comment

Originally posted by MoreMayhem View Post
        I guess it won't matter in 40 years or so when driver operated cars are made illegal on public roads.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

OP is from mass, which explains the assholes. Go to any other state and it's like driving in a small town.

For real though, I'm from California, and while people in the city don't know shit, once you get outside there are signs along the highway which state "slower traffic keep right" and people tend to know the rules

Go sharks.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

highway is not for everybody , especially for student drivers of any age and the people who think that they are not student drivers no more , but they are :) :)

Comment

Originally posted by hypere30 View Post
              i'm colorado and it's the same shit, people drive like idiots. Driving under speed limit on the left lane when there are signs that say, " right lane slow lane!!" just yesterday i honked at a sheriff as he cut in front of me and proceeded to slow down, i passed him while i honked at him and just gave me a stupid look.
              baws!

Comment

Around here, between the immigrants and the old folks, you have to stay on your game.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                  Around here, between the immigrants and the old folks, you have to stay on your game.
                  Toronto is like that too.
                  Estoguy
                  1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Fun fact:

The left lane is meant for those driving exactly the speed limit, and no more. Legally. Not necessarily even passing, but even for passing the speed limit is the legal limit.
                    If you're angry at someone driving at, or even above the speed limit in the left lane, you are speeding and breaking the law. Therefore, you're pissed off at people for their unwillingness to break the law, and that makes you a terrible and entitled human being. Even more so if they are legitimately passing someone.

However, if they're in the left, and driving less than the speed limit, they're stupid cocksuckers.

Etiquette says that if you have the availability to the right, then please for the love of god use it, regardless of speed.

It's all pretty simple.
                    Last edited by TurboJake; 08-25-2015, 04:46 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

a terrible and entitled human being
                      So there I was, BMW'ing along at 75 in the left lane, and
                      all of a sudden, out of nowhere,
                      this fucker Audi's by me at 90 on the right. Bastard!

hee

t
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                      X