No announcement yet.

Why does Kaisch remain in the race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carson effectively bowed out a few moments ago.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
      You think Kasich practically a right-wing extremist. Then you say the GOP has strayed so far from conservatism that it is hilarious to you.

You seem to imply that Kasich is too conservative, then turn around and immediately say that the GOP isn't conservative.

I can't be the only one who is confused by your post above.
      So yeah your comprehension is borked.

The extreme right of GOP majority makes Kasich look moderate, even though he is pretty deep right himself, Thats why I find you thinking he is "too liberal" funny. The dude defunds planned parenthood, literally the most anti liberal thing you could do.

Ignoring Trumps hilariously bad ideas about policy I think he is more True conservative in ideals then the rest of the party, hes far from liberal. Liberals dont waste money on walls.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        So yeah your comprehension is borked.

The extreme right of GOP majority makes Kasich look moderate, even though he is pretty deep right himself, Thats why I find you thinking he is "too liberal" funny. The dude defunds planned parenthood, literally the most anti liberal thing you could do.

Ignoring Trumps hilariously bad ideas about policy I think he is more True conservative in ideals then the rest of the party, hes far from liberal. Liberals dont waste money on walls.
        No, my understanding wasn't borked. Your definition of what conservatism is is borked. Conservatism, in it's purest form (not practice) is small government, high personal liberty. Kasich is a big government, establishment republican. Defunding planned parenthood is just one piece of who the guy is. His stance on immigration is as anti-conservative thing you can do. He believes in big government; that's not conservative.

The only true conservative left the race with Rand Paul. And he is what you would call a Classical Liberal, the original conservative.

It's actually ironic what you said about the GOP being far removed from conservatism because I agree, but for much different reasons.

And building a fence is not a waste of money if you simply reduce the aid given to Mexico every year by the cost of the fence. Net spending = $0. Fucking brilliant if you ask me.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Yeah, Id say Ruboto and Cruz are pretty far from conservatism by your definition too then.

Walls are dumb, Europe has shown us that. Fixing trade so companies dont throw all their American workers in the trash to hire H1B holders would work better.
          willschnitz

Comment

Two words.

Vee Pee
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Yeah, Id say Ruboto and Cruz are pretty far from conservatism by your definition too then.

Walls are dumb, Europe has shown us that. Fixing trade so companies dont throw all their American workers in the trash to hire H1B holders would work better.
              Yeah, Rubio is definitely a moderate and establishment and cannot be trusted.

Cruz though, he believes in small government and adhering to the constitution. His religious projections are too strong for me (even though I am very religious myself), but I can support him. The courts have done a fine job moderating anything too religious so it's less of an issue to me. And he is not establishment; the blueblood republicans hate him. That I like.

I dunno, walls in conjunction with trade stuff and massive ($250K violation for each undocumented worker) would be the method I would choose. Throw every damn thing at the glass window and see what sticks. Problem is that farmers want cheap labor, Democrats want new constituents and the minimum wage increasing puts higher pressure on small business who will hire illegals, pay cash under the table, etc. Someone needs to say "too fucking bad" to everyone and let's just get used to the costs that increase in some areas and fall in others.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Carson effectively bowed out a few moments ago.
                Thank you for the update, have been busy at work this morning. Working off of old news apparently.
                sigpic
                Gun control means using both hands
                Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
                  Thank you for the update, have been busy at work this morning. Working off of old news apparently.
                  The alert came across my phone, saw your post, thought it was relevant. But your point still stood. It will be interesting to see where his support goes. I predict Cruz.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I think the Farmers needing cheaper labor is more related to Farming being fucked up in the first place when it comes to trade, but yeah I see where you are going.

I hate most of the GOP just for their religious extremism, more then their policies.

Its a secular position, fuck off with your jesus shit and do your job.
                    willschnitz

Comment

I hate most of the GOP just for their religious extremism, more then their policies.

Its a secular position, fuck off with your jesus shit and do your job.

YESSSSS! times a billions! alot of these stupid policies about abortion and gay marriage would be non-issues if people would stop acting like everyone in the country needs to adhere to evangelical christian views.

Comment

Tolerance: It's a one way street.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

LOL. Sure looks like that from above.

Point is freedom of religion expression should equate to freedom from religious expression as well.

People need to be able to do what it is that they want to as long as it doesn't come at the expense of another person. The last part is what the debate often is about.
                          sigpic
                          Gun control means using both hands
                          Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

It really is though. It only works if everyone agrees to it.

Is tolerating religious extremism when it's hurting people with intolerance acceptable? No.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

It's the picking and choosing of who is worthy of tolerance that ticks me off.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Yeah need to stop the christian oppression in this country. /s
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X