Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford yellow injectors?

I have a set of Ford yellow injectors.
    Will these replace stock M20 injectors on a 1989 325is auto?
    Mine are seemingly in need of servicing.
    The Bosch cross reference says they are from 302 fords used in Broncos and F150 and F250 pickups.
    I see some references to them on the forum.

Hmmm... a 302 v8 displaces 5 liters divided across 8 cylinders, and redlines at... what
    5500 in a pickup? Thus, each injector's feeding 620 cc's, to break it down that way.

An M20B25 has 2.5 liters divided into 6, and redlines at 6500. Each injector's feeding
    415 cc's, but at 6500/5500 the rate, so that corrects to about 100cc's less than the pickup
    at flat- out- rattly- nuts pedal-on-the-floor omg this thing has no bawls why didn't I spring for the 351w?

So you'd be adding 20% more flow, just by going by displacement and redline.
    Which is crude, but then, it's 4:30 on Friday here, and I'm feelin' pretty crude.

How's the impedance compare?

It might work.
    It just might work...

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

The 19lb injectors? Yeah, they should swap in no problem.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

No point on a stock motor. Better to get yours rebuilt.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Better pintle design. So I don't agree with "no reason." Better to say, "not much of a reason." Lol.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

My primary reason is that the Fords are clean and tested and the stock M20's are pretty crudded. Hopefully no additional cash involved other than the new o rings.
            Last edited by ahlem; 09-12-2016, 06:10 AM. Reason: spell check

Comment

Working...
            X