Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems... i put those when the car was street version, to get better ground

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
    Cool project. I have a question on the passenger strut tower about the brackets? It seems it was for early e30.

Comment

Originally posted by said View Post
      sway bar is adjustable, but in 3 positions, not blade adjustable...

all the suspension was custom made... didn't purchase anything! hahaha
      Hell ya good job! Yup, I was referencing the in-cockpit adjustable blade sway bars.

Comment

You sir, win.
        Originally posted by csermonet47
        Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

First name Real, Last name Mc Coy!
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

What do you have to modify in order to change the front sussy from the big control arm to what it has now? Mounting points definitely, did you have to change the hub at all?
            And does it make a huge difference compared to standard M3, or is it just chasing tenths?
            Amazing car btw
            sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

mmm.. just the pickup on the subframe... there is so much difference on braking, BUT, you are limited on steering lock to lock, since there is a straight rod, vs the curve one on the oem wishbone..

no hub mod
              Originally posted by econti View Post
              What do you have to modify in order to change the front sussy from the big control arm to what it has now? Mounting points definitely, did you have to change the hub at all?
              And does it make a huge difference compared to standard M3, or is it just chasing tenths?
              Amazing car btw

Comment

Easier than I thought. How much is the lock limited by?
                sigpic

Comment

you can turn 20 degree by side... i thinks its 1.5 lock to lock

Originally posted by econti View Post
                  Easier than I thought. How much is the lock limited by?

Comment

Awesome, thanks man.
                    Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
                    sigpic

Comment

M3?

seems... i put those when the car was street version, to get better ground
                      It's missing the M3 coolant reservoir bracket, also has a regular e30 vin and regular early e30 tow hooks on the frame?

Looks amazing though!

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwdayz View Post
                        It's missing the M3 coolant reservoir bracket, also has a regular e30 vin and regular early e30 tow hooks on the frame?

Looks amazing though!
                        im pretty sure the m3 has the same tow hooks, they are just hidden behind the bumpers, they have those little filler pieces you pop out to access them.

I could be wrong though.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

M3

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          im pretty sure the m3 has the same tow hooks, they are just hidden behind the bumpers, they have those little filler pieces you pop out to access them.

I could be wrong though.
                          There is only a tow hook on the pass side and nothing under the driver side tow hook cover on M3's. Also the hook is vertical not horizontal. All regular e30 1987 all earlier have those tow hooks pictured. If you click on the photo of the m3 shell and zoom in you can read the vin on the cowl. It's a regular WBAA vin not M3 vin which would start off with WBSA. Maybe it was in a bad wreck and they had to replace the front end plus cowl panel(Possibly rust). That would explain the early model e30 front end with m3 rear end?

Comment

indeed it was, VIN part was replaced then, those tow hooks where cut and a new one was welded...

basically, E30 M3 front end is the same as all E30's, just minor changes, like the tow hooks, coolant reservoir bracket, etc etc. Structural wise, is the same.

Nice eye...

Originally posted by Bmwdayz View Post
                            There is only a tow hook on the pass side and nothing under the driver side tow hook cover on M3's. Also the hook is vertical not horizontal. All regular e30 1987 all earlier have those tow hooks pictured. If you click on the photo of the m3 shell and zoom in you can read the vin on the cowl. It's a regular WBAA vin not M3 vin which would start off with WBSA. Maybe it was in a bad wreck and they had to replace the front end plus cowl panel(Possibly rust). That would explain the early model e30 front end with m3 rear end?

Comment

M3

indeed it was, VIN part was replaced then, those tow hooks where cut and a new one was welded...

basically, E30 M3 front end is the same as all E30's, just minor changes, like the tow hooks, coolant reservoir bracket, etc etc. Structural wise, is the same.

Nice eye...
                              Well I would love to have my foot on the throttle and that s14 on the other end!

Comment

Hey Guys...

this is what i've been up to with my car... hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9meu4HeRS1I[/URL]
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nB_4Uj4jg0
                                Last edited by said; 02-26-2015, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X