Craigslist Flagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    If you register for a CL account it should be easier to repost after it's been flagged yeah?

This thing is, once it's flagged you can't click "repost" you need to re write the ad. or if your smart just copy and paste your flagged listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
      if your smart just copy and paste your flagged listing.
      That's what I've always done when I had to repost something. I've never had anything flagged, someone must be doing it to fuck with you.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

It's me.

I don't like white e30s.

Comment

Odd, I've never had any of my posts flagged before. I've also flagged posts before and they never seem to get taken down.
          '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
          '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

I wasn't aware that flagging actually did anything anymore. I flag countless dealers posting in the "by owner" section, scams, etc, and they rarely disappear.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

I think the only time I flagged someone who actually got taken down was a small wheel retailer who would make individual posts for each wheel size/color/style. it was super annoying searching for "e30" and seeing a thousand posts for the same cheap ass wheels. I can't imagine I'm the only one who flagged them

I listed my car for sale a few months after buying it and it never got flagged. But I use a craigslist account, on the computer, etc. And I didn't list the car with a high price. However, I still have my car so something must not have gone right

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                I wasn't aware that flagging actually did anything anymore. I flag countless dealers posting in the "by owner" section, scams, etc, and they rarely disappear.
                Concur, doesn't seem to work, and there is at least one person on r3v who spams the hell out of the DC CL with his stuff that certainly isn't for sale by owner.

Comment

some people say that posting more than 3 ads at once, cross posting on multiple cities, or reposting the same, or very similar, ad more than once can all cause it to be automatically deleting by craigslist. the fact that is deleted before it even seems to go live makes me think its not people.

maybe try a new email account and/or different IP.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                    I think the only time I flagged someone who actually got taken down was a small wheel retailer who would make individual posts for each wheel size/color/style. it was super annoying searching for "e30" and seeing a thousand posts for the same cheap ass wheels. I can't imagine I'm the only one who flagged them.
                    Every time I search for anything e30/4 lug wheel related I get a thousand different ads for some place selling shitty $250 rep wheel sets in neon pink or lime green. It's frustrating when I'm trying to browse the listings

I never had a issue with any of my listings for anything being flagged. I'm about to put my sedan up for sale and I'm tempted to avoid even putting it on Craigslist though, and maybe do it if it doesn't sell for awhile. I just really hate dealing with people on it
                    '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                    '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                    '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                    '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

I have had my 2002 Audi A4 flagged within 40 minutes of posting 3 times in 1 week. I just stopped trying to sell it. But I have a Dewalt radial arm saw up forsale for 2 weeks now with no problem and I had a musical instrument up before my Audi and sold it in 3 days with no problem.

Feedback Thread

Comment

I got lucky, someone who saw the car at the yearly East Bay BMW show on Sunday wrote down my phone number which I had on the car and contacted me. He test drove the car today and fell in love with it, and is supposed to be picking it up this up coming Saturday.

As for the flagging, I got flagged 4 times in ONE freakin day. I'm just lucky someone who wasn't even in the market for a e30 decided it's the car for him, and it's a great car so nothing against that. I still need to figure out why this always happens to me though, I think I'll be setting up another account with a different email like recommended by a few of you above and see where that takes me. Looks like "Rob Daman" from post 3 is having the same issues however. EDIT: and 88BlackS-ETA

Comment

http://york.craigslist.org/cto/5547670442.html

This is the posting that keeps getting flagged in less then a hour. There is NO spam, nothing misleading or any of that crap. Its somewhat long but I want people to know what they are looking at. I just dont get it. Im trying again to see what happens.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Here's an example of my Dads old car, everything that's in red was flagged while if the user (Me) removed the ad. by choice, its in Blue. This was just 3 months ago, and yesterday when I decided to post my own car up the same exact thing happened. Come to think of it, they also flagged my our old e39 Touring multiple times.

Also, please don't think I'm some sort of used car dealer guy, where just trying to downsize in cars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flagging.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	7184755
                            Last edited by KIRIEIW; 04-19-2016, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 88BlackS-ETA View Post
                              http://york.craigslist.org/cto/5547670442.html

This is the posting that keeps getting flagged in less then a hour. There is NO spam, nothing misleading or any of that crap. Its somewhat long but I want people to know what they are looking at. I just dont get it. Im trying again to see what happens.
                              My Ad. was the exact same length actually, the longer the better in my eye's.. Less questions/ surprises when they come to view the car.

Comment

20 plus posts. i gave up and listed at other nearby counties and those been up all day. it's just the single county.

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
                                As for the flagging, I got flagged 4 times in ONE freakin day. I'm just lucky someone who wasn't even in the market for a e30 decided it's the car for him, and it's a great car so nothing against that. I still need to figure out why this always happens to me though, I think I'll be setting up another account with a different email like recommended by a few of you above and see where that takes me. Looks like "Rob Daman" from post 3 is having the same issues however. EDIT: and 88BlackS-ETA

Comment

Working...
                                X