• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is for a class.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      This is for a class.
      Are you not allowed to release class projects?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

I think Car Maintenance App makes it clear what it does, and also helps with search. Brand the company, not the product (this is a solutions marketing discipline that is lost on a lot of folks or may be unnecessary if you already have mindshare and / or market share).
        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
          how do you monetize, then?
          Advertisements?
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            Advertisements?
            Build in a Fuelly type component that tracks mileage. Send maintenance parts accordingly. Kinda an Amazon pantry deal.

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
              Build in a Fuelly type component that tracks mileage. Send maintenance parts accordingly. Kinda an Amazon pantry deal.
              That's an awesome idea as long as the user has say over which parts show up. If a bunch of URO parts started randomly showing up at my door I would be pissed, especially if I actually needed that part!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                That's an awesome idea as long as the user has say over which parts show up. If a bunch of URO parts started randomly showing up at my door I would be pissed, especially if I actually needed that part!
                I think the user would opt-in and select the brands and parts they want to get on a fully passive / automated refill. The alternative is getting notifications as the maintenance window approaches and the user actively asking for delivery. Best case is the app could aggregate deals and let the user choose who gets their $$.

Comment

Call it Bob.
                  Bob is your mechanic and knows everything about your car maintenance. When in doubt, consult Bob.
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                    Call it Bob.
                    Bob is your mechanic and knows everything about your car maintenance. When in doubt, consult Bob.
                    That didn't work out so well for Microsoft. :P
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Robr because everytime you need to do maintenance/work on the car itrobs the bank account?

And because rob.

Comment

How about an app that helps you create app names? :)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

^ I'll leave that one up to you, lol.

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                          Are you not allowed to release class projects?
                          Sure I am, and I will once it's done. But let's be realistic about this situation. If this gets 1,000 free downloads I'd be super pumped. I don't need a $2.99 price tag standing in the way of more downloads. Hell, if it just gets completed so I can use it and track my own car maintenance, I'll still be excited. I'm not shooting for some crazy "I hope my app goes viral" scheme here. I just want to go through all the motions of creating an app so I can gain experience and add it to my portfolio. Small dreams here. :)

I've been wireframing for the last 2 weeks, maybe in a week or two I'll have a clickable prototype I can post and get some feedback from you guys. It's honestly blowing my mind how much wireframing a "simple lightweight app to track car maintenance" requires. I can't imagine anything really involved right now, haha.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                            ^ I'll leave that one up to you, lol.

Sure I am, and I will once it's done. But let's be realistic about this situation. If this gets 1,000 free downloads I'd be super pumped. I don't need a $2.99 price tag standing in the way of more downloads. Hell, if it just gets completed so I can use it and track my own car maintenance, I'll still be excited. I'm not shooting for some crazy "I hope my app goes viral" scheme here. I just want to go through all the motions of creating an app so I can gain experience and add it to my portfolio. Small dreams here. :)

I've been wireframing for the last 2 weeks, maybe in a week or two I'll have a clickable prototype I can post and get some feedback from you guys. It's honestly blowing my mind how much wireframing a "simple lightweight app to track car maintenance" requires. I can't imagine anything really involved right now, haha.
                            Agreed on the free app point, I never pay for any apps.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by skateimitation View Post
                              Robr because everytime you need to do maintenance/work on the car itrobs the bank account?

And because rob.
                              I like it, rob log sounds funny too.

So Kershaw, what was the verdict?

Comment

Well, you should know since you've seen the latest wireframe prototype... But yeah, jpod nailed it. Or whatever. I'm choosing his suggestion of Wrenchr.

Bask in the glorious hand drawn logo. I'm still deciding whether to clean it up or leave it 3rd grade status. Lol.

I think by the end of the week I should have something to release for feedback from r3v.
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X