No announcement yet.

E36's suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like how they look (other than the M3 coupes) and I don't like the interiors. Haven't driven many of them or for very long so I can't comment on that, but I wouldn't buy one.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

E36 are good for shit like this:

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1992 BMW 3-Series vintage at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

What the fuck

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
          lol
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
            I've driven half a dozen and they all are horrible for all the same reasons I mentioned. I've autoxed them and found every single one lacking. Horrible nose heavy, poorly balanced cars. I keep hoping to find one that drives well, but they all seem to suck. They feel like they weigh a good 2000 lbs more than my e30 M3, and they never ever beat my times. (Unless they have race tires, street tire to street tire, my e30 wins every time.)

Will
            Then you haven't driven one that's well set up. It does drive differently than an e30 but it definitely isn't worse. I will say this though, an e36 that is set up for the track will not do well at autox. Unlike some other cars where one setup is adequate for both the e36 needs different things for each. If the cars you've driven are usually track cars that have no changes to autox they will likely understeer quite badly, especially at turn in.

Also it sounds like you autox with BMW CCA. Partly because you run against e36's (they're practically nonexistent at the SCCA events in my area), and partly because if an e36 M3 is slower it's due to setup and/or driver, not the car's potential. The potential of the e36 is higher than the e30, period. I know quite a few BMW CCA drivers who are very fast on track but struggle at autox.
            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Working...
            X