:) Question about e30tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
    Everyone can have an opinion. It doesn't need to be one that you agree with.

I hate on volvo lips all the time. Is it my car? No. Is it my opinon? Yes sir.
    Thanks man. I appreciate the support.

Lol.
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
      I guess this is what the R3V owners / admin and mods can expect from you.
      Expect what? The owners and mods here are on top of things as far as I can tell... And I appreciate it. And you can expect more iX and other DIY threads from me...
      My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        I gave up on them years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
          Damn shame. I should have grabbed screen shots when I had the chance. The owner of the site is lame to say the least.
          Originally posted by markseven View Post
          You are using his site for your benefit, yet to call him lame?
          James talked to Chris numerous times about purchasing E30Tech and merging the two sites. It would be a great thing, but as we know it's not gonna happen and we will have to rely on the way back machine for old stuff.

Shame.

Chris is not a bad guy, have hung out with him and the gang at his place in Southern Jersey a few times.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

He's not, but he really should have given us moderators more responsibility & access if he was going to take such a hands-off approach.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

they should just make a book from all the old articles and shut it down.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                James talked to Chris numerous times about purchasing E30Tech and merging the two sites. It would be a great thing, but as we know it's not gonna happen and we will have to rely on the way back machine for old stuff.

Shame.

Chris is not a bad guy, have hung out with him and the gang at his place in Southern Jersey a few times.
                Way back didn't work for me... It only got me to the main forum page...
                I know about the repeated attempts to save the site and it falling on deaf or reluctant ears. Yup, a huge shame and an even bigger loss for all of us that have contributed to the site over the years.

Never said Chris was a bad guy. He could be a saint for all I know... But he is super lame when it comes to the site and communication in general.

I've been one of the hold-outs on E30Tech cuz I truly loved the site and it was my first e30 forum. I guess I'm forced to call it quits over there. Oh well. That's the way the cookie crumbles as they say.
                My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
                  Way back didn't work for me... It only got me to the main forum page...
                  I know about the repeated attempts to save the site and it falling on deaf or reluctant ears. Yup, a huge shame and an even bigger loss for all of us that have contributed to the site over the years.

Never said Chris was a bad guy. He could be a saint for all I know... But he is super lame when it comes to the site and communication in general.

I've been one of the hold-outs on E30Tech cuz I truly loved the site and it was my first e30 forum. I guess I'm forced to call it quits over there. Oh well. That's the way the cookie crumbles as they say.
                  Give it some time to resolve.
                  I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Chris knows and he's working on it. It'll be back up

Comment

I'm hoping it's back up soon. I'm searching other people's solutions for fitting a large intercooler like mine behind the valance, so I can better figure out what kind of piping and couplers I need to order. Almost every search result is on E30tech.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 3-17

Comment

e30tech?

I tried to log on earlier this week and I cant get to the forum..

Get a "database error message"

Cleared cookies.. still a no go.. This could be on my end - but I cant get to the forum from my work computer either..

Just curious if anyone knows (since many of us are members of both) whats going on? If you can get onto the page - let me know..

Comment

temporarily/permanently down. Owner of the site didn't renew the domain or something similar to that.
                          2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                          (Daily Driver)
                          Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                          KW V2 Coilovers
                          VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I agree there is/was a wealth of information on that site that needs to survive somewhere. The Wayback machine is really not dependable enough to archive it. If he could dump the db somewhere, and some of us could take the time to get everything in to a usable/accessible format for publishing or reference would be worth it in the end.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

R3v should absorb e3t. If he'll finally sell that is.
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                                R3v should absorb e3t. If he'll finally sell that is.
                                yes.

i bet i haven't posted anything over there in years. back in the day, the ix section was far superior to the one here. at the time i was very active on that forum. much more so than here. i just look at it as a big waste of a great resource. its a shame....

its like your valedictorian/star football player child turning into a homeless vagabond who hasn't washed his ass in a year. perhaps the situation is akin to a upper middle class soccer mom turned crack addict stroking dicks by a back alley dumpster for 10 bucks a load.

whatever the case, i won't have anything to do with it anymore. not until there are some serious changes. the thought of merging that forum into this one seems like the only viable solution since the time/resources needed to run it properly clearly are not there. i'm sure the admin is a great guy. he just does an exceptionally shitty job running his forum.
                                Last edited by flyboyx; 07-08-2016, 01:30 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X