EPA trying to outlaw legal racing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed and shared it.
    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Not good, we have to stop these power grabs before it's too late. California is more than enough of a police state towards cars already with "visual" being the most difficult part of the smog test. How about encouraging road safety and low pollutions rather than lawbreakers?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        ^

Again does not have to pass anything, EPA can do what it wants..... I see a strong court challenge though, and maybe just maybe the House will get involved.
        Yes, I think people are missing the point that this DOESN'T have to go to the voters. They are an agency who sets the standards and says "The industry must meet X."

It's similar to the UL certification.

They can change their requirements/test standards at any time, and there really isn't a damn thing the average citizen can do about it.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Looks like the petitioner has 12K signatures right now...
          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            Yes, I think people are missing the point that this DOESN'T have to go to the voters. They are an agency who sets the standards and says "The industry must meet X."

They can change their requirements/test standards at any time, and there really isn't a damn thing the average citizen can do about it.
            UL is a private organization and has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about.

Comment

Signed.
              Instagram
              sigpic
              Current: 99 M3
              Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post

If the epa passed it, all car lover will go underground just like what all those drunks did with alcohol. Eventually, they'll give up and impose crazy tax for it. Another way to bring in more money for the govs.
                Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

I've looked at the various articles that have been posted to car enthusiast sites today.

It looks like this would prohibit modifying ANYTHING that affects emissions on race vehicles.

ECU reprogramming, forced induction, evap systems, EGR systems, as well as the obvious cat converter and associated fresh air pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                    UL is a private organization and has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about.
                    Actually it does.

It's the same thing in that we can't VOTE for changes to their regulations. They are a body that drafts regulations and conducts tests to establish guidelines that manufactures follow when a selling a product to the public.

In regards to what is being talked about here (vs what other things the EPA also has their hands on) they establish benchmarks. I.e. X thing can only emit X amount of particulates, like UL standards that define the safety of electrical equipment.

Maybe a better example then is the FCC. Same thing, we never get to vote on the regulations they impart on radio emissions from devices, but if you want to sell a legal product, you have to meet those standards.
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Signed as well. The real question here, however, is enforcement. How exactly would it be enforced? I have an M52 in my e30 and have no problem passing my state mandated emissions test.
                      IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

What is Epa? And how do they survive in the Us? This is the most un-American thing I have heard this week. Why don't the epa people go live in North-Korea? I heard racing isn't big there, must be heaven for them.
                        Euro car and parts export business based in the Netherlands, specialized in E30 Tourings!

Instagram: @garage30_ WWW.GARAGE30.NL

Comment

Yeah, so this bill would close my business. They can suck my dick.
                          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

EPA- Environmental Protection Agency. You're right, it is very un-american.

Side note - can we get this moved to general discussion? I know this subforum is technically the best fit for it, but I feel that we as automotive enthusiasts would benefit from more exposure to this.
                            IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

Simpsons nailed it
                              Attached Files
                              C6Z
                              S2K
                              VeloN

Comment

the irony here is rich for we 2A believers.

but thanks for the heads up. now there's a thread on another forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X