• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right rear Panel inside wheel wheel?

Has anybody removed this?

I assume you don't if you're weak heart 'd

well*
    Last edited by moatilliatta; 03-16-2009, 05:41 PM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    Has anybody removed this?

I assume you don't if you're weak heart 'd

well*

Are you talking about the actual wheel well?
    Last edited by JGood; 03-17-2009, 12:58 PM.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

are you talking about the little plastic shield?
      90 E30 325i

Comment

Metal shield behind the shock.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
          Metal shield behind the shock.
          Part numbers 4 and 5 here?

Comment

Everybody should go and and pop their panel off. Right side inside wheel well. behind shock.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I kind of poked mine off with a screwdriver...
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

I did a while back as I was checking for a fuel leak and it wasn't there.

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

so why should i pop it off, is there gonna be a ton of crap behind?
                  90 E30 325i

Comment

Fun stuff, in So. California they now pressure test the fuel vapor system as part of the emissions testing.

Damn near every one of these rattletraps are failing the test so I have had the opportunity to get reacquainted with all this big time over the past few months.
                    I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

Ahh. Yeah I replaced mine a few months ago. PITA since it usually doesn't slid back into that groove in the front...

Comment

Oh man, Your's look so clean, My braided line from the Tank to the Filler neck..... SHit. it was rotted out nasty. It rusted up the channel it goes threw. Looks like the braid on the hose kept in water.. there was all kinds of mold and blah all behind that panel. And i could barely get the hose out of the little channel it goes thew because it was rotted out. I went a head and dropped the tank and am cleaning any bit of rust i come across, and going it over with por 15. While i got the tank dropped i ordered me some UUC stainless steal brake lines, and im replacing the vent tube back to the engine bay and the main brake line that goes to the rear and the 2 off the distribution piece, along with the distribution piece.

Gl.

PS. my car doesnt have a whole lot of rust. Im just happy i found this before it got to out of hand.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

thanks for the heads up. just removed mine, full of crap in there. gonna clean it up good and should avoid rust in the future.
                          90 E30 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post
                            Fun stuff, in So. California they now pressure test the fuel vapor system as part of the emissions testing.

Damn near every one of these rattletraps are failing the test so I have had the opportunity to get reacquainted with all this big time over the past few months.
                            You have a dumb smog tech then. BMW's are exempt from the evap test in California.
                            Originally posted by jrhaile
                            For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

In Indiana they said my gas tank cap was leaking, and gave me a new one....

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                              X