Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil level Sensor M50 -> e30

Yes the noob searched.......

I see the wires from the oil level sensor route through the harness and out to the ECU connector.

Question is can they be cut? and rerouted over to the C101? or do those need to be left intact and new wires run over to C101 from the sensor.

and as far as the connections go pins 1 and 3 from the sensor go to 2 and 10 at the C101, and pin 2 on the sensor just needs to be grounded. Correct?

This is all I am waiting to do to drop my engine in........
    Leave now before I shed my human form and kill you

For anyone who finds this post, and leaves without an answer, here is what I found:

This diagram, shows that the E34 oil pan sensor, in an M50 E30 swap goes like this:

Pin 1 - Low (this is switched, so it completes the circuit when the oil level is low and turns on the check light)
    Pin 2 - High
    Pin 3 - GND (tie this in with the rest of the grounds)

So for my car, my High wire in the C101 was Pin 2 (blue white) and the Low wire was Pin 10 (blue violet).

So wire Pin 1 -> Pin 2
    Pin 2 -> Pin 10
    Pin 3 -> a ground wire somewhere.
    REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

thanks for the link - I'd found that site a while back, the diagrams are helpful (along with the ETM). But I lost the bookmark and couldn't remember other than it was a russian site. :)

Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I was wondering about this, as I understand it, the m50 harness doesn't have provisions for the oil level sensor, at least that's my understanding since the harness has no additional plugs hanging around anywhere. So, I see the diagrams, how does one wire in an oil level sensor?

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

i ran a new set of wires using a 3 pin connector sourced from my m20 harness. Then wired that directly to my c101

Comment

Originally posted by drez14 View Post
            i ran a new set of wires using a 3 pin connector sourced from my m20 harness. Then wired that directly to my c101
            +1 ^ this is what I did too but I pulled the sensor from an obd2 harness, worked perfectly fine. Route it through the harness covers for aesthetics. Haha
            1989 E30 Zinnoberrot Vert 325i OBD1 S52 turbo;IP

Comment

Pin 1 - Low (this is switched, so it completes the circuit when the oil level is low and turns on the check light)
              Pin 2 - High
              ^And this is how i see most wired on the stupid adapters. Pin 2 on the sensor/plug is GROUND! not high or anything else!

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

on my Treehouse racing adapter has extra wires running off it labeled oil level sensor. so should i run these to pins # 1 and 2 on the actual plug on sump?

Comment

i would say yes.
                  3 pedal club
                  200,k+ club
                  cabrio club
                  port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                    ^And this is how i see most wired on the stupid adapters. Pin 2 on the sensor/plug is GROUND! not high or anything else!

yeah, it's easy to misread that chart.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Sorry for bumping an old thread but this is the most appropriate one I found after searching. I have an '89 E30 with '93 525i M50. The engine oil light on the check panel has always been lit. Gonna start by checking the sensor and wiring. The only thing I'm not understanding is what is the c101? From what I can find out it's one of the round wiring connectors? Is it the round one located by the fuse box?

Comment

Big round plug that is by the fuse box. Not to be confused with the diagnostic port that is a big round plug with a cap. Head to Google. Type in the subject fallowed by site:r3vlimited.com to use Google to search r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          yeah, it's easy to misread that chart.
                          Can anyone tell me what pins are what? I.E which is 1, 2 and 3?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Bueller..... bueller ....bueller

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBell View Post
                              For anyone who finds this post, and leaves without an answer, here is what I found:

This diagram, shows that the E34 oil pan sensor, in an M50 E30 swap goes like this:

Pin 2 - High

So for my car, my High wire in the C101 was Pin 2 (blue white) and the Low wire was Pin 10 (blue violet).

So wire Pin 1 -> Pin 2
                              Pin 2 -> Pin 10
                              Pin 3 -> a ground wire somewhere.
                              I would like to do the same only I have a sump from an E38 with an E38 oil level sensor (#PN12611433510).

For now I couldn't find any wiring diagram and I don't know if the wiring is the same as the E34 level sensor?

Anyone could help me on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X