Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Injector with Broken Tip -- Useless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Injector with Broken Tip -- Useless?

I dropped a ziplock bag with a set of injectors while getting out of the car. One of them landed on the green tip at the nozzle end and the tip broke off.

This set is useless, isn't it?

No. You just need another spray tip.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Jim,

I know the O-rings and clips are readily available to replace, but I thought the "tip" was considered part of the injector? After some checking, looks like it is. Can't purchase a tip separately anywhere. EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like there are a number of sources for 'pintal caps.'

Have you ever swapped an injector tip from one to another? Any 'tips' from someone who has a lot more experience than some of us?

Thanks,
      Stu

Under Real OEM, I don't see the E36 injector tip available separately:

Also, for the E30 (M20 B25) I don't see the tip as available separately:
      Last edited by Stu; 08-27-2009, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Where can you buy the tips???
        Have the same problem with my M50 injectors 17.5lbs....2 have broken tips..
        sigpic
        1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
        1987 325ic Black Vert
        1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
        1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

Originally posted by Luis325 View Post
          Where can you buy the tips???
          Have the same problem with my M50 injectors 17.5lbs....2 have broken tips..
          I've been told that RC Fuel Injection sells just the tips alone but I havn't verified it. I'm e-mailing them right now and I'll let you know. I'm also in need of 24v injector tips.

Comment

You mean you broke the pintle cap?
            You can buy them on ebay.
            84 318I Delphin RIP
            87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Yep, pintle caps are replaceable.

Might want to run them under hot water to make them a little pliable, they are easy to break when trying to install them.
              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
              e30 restoration and V8 swap
              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

i broke a few of the little splines off of the tip and mine worked fine..?

Comment

you can get new tips at napa.

they affect the spray pattern pretty significantly so I wouldn't use broken tips. Plus I think they cost less than a dollar each.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

they affect the spray pattern pretty significantly so I wouldn't use broken tips. Plus I think they cost less than a dollar each.
                    Looks like RC Fuel Injection sells them for Bosch injectors for around a buck each, won't hurt to pickup spares. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                      Looks like RC Fuel Injection sells them for Bosch injectors for around a buck each, won't hurt to pickup spares. Thanks for the heads up.
                      where do you see this at?
                      Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbolt View Post
                        where do you see this at?
                        Via E-mail from RC:

Thank you for choosing R.C. Engineering. Regarding your previous e-mail, you requested pintel caps for your BMW M3 Bosch injector. We definately have an aftermarket cap (baby blue color) in stock for $1.25each. You can place an order by email or telephone. Please include the following information:

~Full Name
                        ~Address
                        ~Telephone number/s
                        ~Item/Size/Quantity
                        ~Year/make/model of car
                        ~For shipping, UPS Nextday, TwoDay, Threeday Air, or Regular Ground (4-5 working days) is available. The cost varies depending on the weight of the package, your preference, and your shipping zipcode.
                        ~For Payment, we accept MASTER,VISA,DISCOVER Card or COD/Money order ($9 UPS c.o.d. charge). For credit card, please include the full name on the card, billing address, billing telephone number, card number, expiration date and CCVC code (last 3 digits on back). For C.O.D/Money Order, we will contact you with the total when ready to be shipped. No personal checks.

We will be contact you if we need any additional information or will give you a grand total. If you have any questions, please contact us by telephone for faster assistance.

Thank You,
                        R.C. Engineering

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

I always forget about napa
                          84 318I Delphin RIP
                          87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                            I always forget about napa
                            I was just at NAPA, not only did they have no clue what I was talking about when they finally found them, they told me they only sell them in a kit with the seals.

these are the correct caps right?
                            Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbolt View Post
                              I was just at NAPA, not only did they have no clue what I was talking about when they finally found them, they told me they only sell them in a kit with the seals.

these are the correct caps right?
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-F...Q5fAccessories

sorry that your napa sucks. When I went there they brought out a whole box of differet caps so we could find the right ones.

also if your injectors have broken caps chances are you should be replacing the seals anyway..
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X