Stuff that you purposely half-assed/ghetto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff that you purposely half-assed/ghetto

We've all done it (well maybe not all of us), what are some things that you half-assed or done ghetto?

For starters, I have my pusher fan wires on my E30 ran into the cabin with speaker wires that is not so conveniently tucked around the engine bay..looks really sloppy and I will fix it but I haven't had the chance to but it keeps my engine cool for now!

My ENTIRE glovebox and upper glovebox cover is held in with nothing but zipties. The reason is the brittle plastic that holds the glovebox to the metal hinge broke so many times from hitting bumps that I just drilled holes and ziptied, and it's works like a charm so far.

That's about it really. I try not to half-ass on my car haha.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

there are no set screws in my brake rotors. PO stripped all the hubs, i never fixed it.

when i converted from a air bag steering wheel to a non airbag i didn't put back in the knee bolster, so now that plastic piece under the dash is held in with zip ties.

Comment

my muffler is hung with a close hanger, but it goes no where.

where you goin? no where!!!!!
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

^ boondocksaintslol

Comment

I didn't have the car side connector when I did my maplight mirror, so I used two female wire ends and put tape in between so they don't contact. I would have wrapped one but then it wouldn't fit in the connector. It's really beyond me now why I didn't just hard wire the damn thing in the first time.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

My AC compressor is hardwired to the low pressure sensor. Because it gets power, and it's seized in the closed position, but somehow the ac compressor didn't kick on, even though according to the bently, it's direcly after the low pressure switch and in series.

And, my high speed is wired to my low speed fan circuit. Need to buy a resistor

But, My AC works!

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I rigged a transmission mounting tab out of an industrial bandsaw blade.

Comment

I have a couple of those clasps you use to keep opened bags of chips closed on my i lip since a few of the front lip fasteners are broken.

I plan on replacing the fasteners with new ones when I get an iS lip installed again.

Comment

My 6 button OBC screen cracked so I just unplugged it forever.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

My evap solenoid is tie wrapped under my intake boot and all of my crank vent and icv hoses are heater hoses with plastic plumbing elbows. My battery hold down is a bungee strap.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

my amp is held in place with bungee cords until i get around to building a amp rack. but the engine needs my attention at the moment so the system will have to wait.

oh and my stock muffler rusted out so weekly i have to reapply "Muffler Patch" so the whistling doesn't drive me insane.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                      That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

i zip tie my spark plug wires up instead of using the proper clips. I also used a small rubber piece that fits onto furniture legs to block off a coolant port lol. worked like a champ

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                        Ig:ryno_pzk
                        I like the tuna here.
                        Originally posted by lambo
                        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

My plate filler is made out of a piece of tupperware.
                          Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

My stereo head slides out when I accelerate. I don't fix it, cause someday I'm gonna get a new one.

My sunroof is Lachsilber. I don't fix it 'cause it makes the car look like it's balding.

My engine has an oil leak, but I just keep getting heavier weight oil so it doesn't leak out as fast.

My trans mounts are split in half, but I don't fix them 'cause I need money for M60 shit.

My M3 control arm bushing (yes, just one) was pressed in 90 degrees off by the PO, but I haven't fixed that 'cause I don't want to do an alignment after work.

I think that's it.
                            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I have 120v a/c power chords from radioshack as my highbeam connectors. Been that way for years and years - if it aint broke, dont fix it?
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X