S54 Turbo vanos setup. 1060 WHP/1130Nm & 1167 WHP/1300Nm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 Turbo vanos setup. 1060 WHP/1130Nm & 1167 WHP/1300Nm

A couple of friends of mine have been pushing the S54 turbo setup for quite a while now. They have togheter with PPF in Sweden been thinkering with the dual vanos setup witch is a big gamechanger in producing mid range torque witch improves driveability and power delivery insanely.

This week one of them (driving a E30 2 door with a fully buildt S54B32 with BW380 80mm turbo and 1060whp (2.2bar) / 1130Nm(@6300rpm) and E85 fuel) took the car to a track day festival and let it rip.

Another friend of mine, with a E21 (The former YouTube 1000whp silver one): also has a fully build S54B32, this time with Precision 8284 (82mm) turbo. He also uses E85 fuel. He went to PPF and dynoed in their Dynpack until the figure on the screen was 1167WHP / 1300 Nm torque (6500 rpm / 2.2 bar) - and then followed by a big red ERROR message from the bench. It couldn't hack it any more! They had to reduce torque in mid range also.
    So they pegged it down to a Dynapack friendly 1111 WHP & 1100Nm ;D

Both cars are mapped by PPF in Sweden witch have been developing these S54 dual vanos setups for some years now, and use MaxxEcu's from Sweden and have a preloaded program witch enables them to set up the engine very qucikly and cheap. Setting up dual vanos cams in the ECU could take days of testing, and many tuners don't even manage to set them up even remotely correct.

To give you an example. A PT7675 on a non-vanos S54 can do 1000whp. With vanos it can only do 850whp because of the back pressure difference. That is sick!

UPDATE: FILM

The 1167 whp E21 build by JAAS Performance in Norway:

Last edited by oddis; 08-15-2014, 08:10 AM.
    BMW 1000HP Turbo Videos

My god that is insane power. Is this strictly for a drift car? Id love to see this power put down on a drag strip or road course.

Props on all the hard work that went into that. Great result
    98 M3/4/5

Comment

Amazing build! Makes me NEED boost!
      The Current Army
      -(UnderConstruction) 1991 330iS 24v S52 build thread
      -1992 325iC
      -1987 E30 Truck
      -1991 332iS (BecauseRacecar)
      -1988 Dinan M3
      -1988 325iX Tribute car
      -1989 320i Touring (S52/6spd)

Comment

Norway: Land of Absurd BMW power. I think Every 900+whp E30 I have seen came out of Norway. you guys are NUTS there!

I like it.
        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

damn.

Comment

cool, when I read the thread title I thought it was about deleting VANOS! lots of people still think deleting it make more power, when in reality it makes the torque band narrower which maybe makes the car feel like it hits a higher peak. but in actuality it will be slower because of less area under the curve..
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
              Norway: Land of Absurd BMW power. I think Every 900+whp E30 I have seen came out of Norway. you guys are NUTS there!

I like it.
              Crazy Norwegians! I love it!
              PS I'm partly descended from the land up North so I love big power too!
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I think the snow makes the scandinavians a bit crazy.

Comment

I think it's the long nights during winter and the long days during the summer.

Comment

The long nights make me crazy and I'm not that far North!
                    -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Haha, it's just the long dark winter days witch makes us spent lots of hours in the garage. Things had been different if we had Southern weather like Spain and southern US. We would be out racing every weekend, not having time to build these inzane builds on this scale . Paitence wouldn't have been there for that.

That beeing said, climate change is comming up here in the north too, hottest winter since 1925-ish. That made us cancel ice lake racing season, witch was a massive blow.

BTW, is it just me, or have the picture's gone bad? If so, let me know.
                      BMW 1000HP Turbo Videos

Comment

Yeah the pics are broken. Is there a longer version that's not a teaser?
                        -Christian

Comment

Alright, I'll see if I can fix them with new host.

Longer version within a week i hope. Just buttoned up a few other videos in line first :) You can follow the link below to where it will be posted on my channel.
                          BMW 1000HP Turbo Videos

Comment

Here is another S54 dyno sheet this time Micke's car, the swede with the yellow E46 M3 record strip car. PT 8285R turbo. 2.5 bar. E85. 1260whp. Then the stock headgasket started to leak.

They dynoed 1130whp at 2.3 bar a few weeks before, and he had to go home and redesign the turbo inlet pipe and upgrade it to 4" to deal with the airflow. Few weeks later, 0.2 bar boost more - 1260whp. 130whp increase. But torque figures was almost bang on the same on both session.

BMW 1000HP Turbo Videos

Comment

:yawn: :jk:! Those are some crazy powerful cars ya'll have out there!

Comment

Working...
                              X