Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My e30 Project... Mtech II sedan, Jlines, Vaders, M50 and much more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My e30 Project... Mtech II sedan, Jlines, Vaders, M50 and much more...

Well in my intro thread some people wanted to see my ETA. I just bought it the other day for $300.00 big ones. The car runs great, brakes and tires are awesome. The outside sucks, the a/c doesnt work, the gas light is always on empty, the rear windows dont go down, and the shocks are bad. But over all nice.

I know this thread might not be as cool as others but i try. :)

Stock:

Removed front end:

My good friend Steve-o helping sand the dents in the hood:

More Bondo:

Pile of Parts:

Look at my messy Garage:

Door Moldings Removed And WindowTrim. Does anyone know how to remove the moldings from the front doors?:

Hood Almost done:

Drivers Side Almost Done:

Passenger side:

I Ran Out of Primer and it Got dark, so Flat white paint will have to do:

Front End:

Is This How You Take Off The Rear and Windshield Modling? If so, how do you put it back on?

This is all Day one. Day two and three are going to be in one post. I am trying to do all the body work myself, but i do not have time to paint, due to full time work/ school. Plan to paint in Imola Red.
    I have orderd a Rear plastic Bumper, Sunroof in process ,and passanger door. All i need is the front bumper, valence and is lip

Good luck man!

Comment

That's how i took my windshield molding off. When i put it back in, i put one side under the rubber gasket and used a small flat screw driver to roll the other side of the rubber gasket over the trim.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
        That's how i took my windshield molding off. When i put it back in, i put one side under the rubber gasket and used a small flat screw driver to roll the other side of the rubber gasket over the trim.
        Ohh ok. I was afraid i might ruin if i took it off.

That is going off today.

Comment

Looking forward to the progress!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thats awesome! It should look good when you are done, especially with the plastic bumpers.
            '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

fuck dude i wouldnt waste $200 on having maaco spray that thing, you filled big ass dents with bondo.

if thats how yer gonna bodywork the car id hit it with a spraycan.
              8380 Laboratories
              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Originally posted by LedJetta View Post
                fuck dude i wouldnt waste $200 on having maaco spray that thing, you filled big ass dents with bondo.

if thats how yer gonna bodywork the car id hit it with a spraycan.

Why?
                The dents are not that big. No more than 1/4 inch deep, if that. Is that not how body shops fill in dents?

Comment

most body shops use little anvils and body hammers to roll and knock the dents out, fillers (like bondo) are usually only used to fill imperfections if the body was creased and couldnt be repaired 100% and 1/4" is pretty deep. you should expect some cracking within a few months if you bondo'd big dents

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

thats the way to learn man,... i applaud you for taking a piece of shit and making the most out of it. good job and congrats on not having mommy and daddy drop 3k for paint
                    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I dont think he is going for a show car finish, the bondo will be fine, i've seen worst done to cars.....and we didn't find out until trying to strip it to bare metal, only then did we see what the previous hacks did to it.

let the kid learn.

Comment

Keep going it will look a lot better when you are done. Just don't try to fill the BIG dent in with bondo. Get a new door and paint the car flat black and it will look good. Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

You must remove door mirror to get that moulding strip off.
                          Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                          BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                          BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                          BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

why not just buy a straight hood from a junkyard instead of bondoing a dented one?

Comment

Black Box: My goal in this project is to stay on a budget. Plus the location and nature of those dents it is not that bad.

Rocla: Thanks, i will do that tommarow.

Mastrcruse: LOL, yeah i know. I alreadt put a door on it, i just havent updated because of my cam battery died, and it rained today.

T.Dot E30: Thanks, i want a nice DD. I know a good amount about paint and know what might happen, but like you said it does not have to be a show car. for the amount i am investing i kinda know what to expect.

blunt: Thanks.

Jparkr2004: Wow, you scared me. I dunno they are not even 1/4 inch, maybe the worst on in its deepest spot. I dont want to get any cracking. :(

Thanks guys for all of your support. I will try to update tommarow.

Comment

Working...
                              X