Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are my H&R Race springs higher then H&R Sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are my H&R Race springs higher then H&R Sports?

So I put H&R Race springs and Bilstein Sports, along with new control arms and bushings and shock mounts front and rear, on my 87 325is. It's been about 4 days now, with about 300-400 miles of driving, including a very high speed and bumpy AutoX (hit 65-70 mph). The car sits 1/4" higher then my 85 325e with H&R Sports/Bilstein Sports. Doesn't make sense... The springs fit in the strut loosely, I can move them around when the car is jacked up. When it's down, the spring sits in the upper and lower perches correctly. But it just sits higher. It feels slightly firmer, but not rock hard like I was expecting. The 325is weighed in at 2730 lbs, the 325e is 2800 lbs on the same scale. 70 lbs isn't going to drop the car 1". Tires are the same diameter as the 325e. Is it going to settle that much over the next few weeks?
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

You sure you got the race springs? How old is your eta's setup? It's most likely due to the new upper strut mounts and new bilstein sports.

Comment

I was under the impression that the race springs were much lower than the sports but not really:
      Specs are from tms.
      Race= front 1.6/rear 1.5
      Sport=front 1.5/rear 1.25

Comment

That's what everyone lists them at but I would say my races dropped close to or a lil over 2" or so.
        sigpic

Comment

they haven't settled yet, give them a few weeks and they should be lower maybe the setup in the cars are different what is the production dates?

Comment

get some vorschlag camber plates, you will be able to dial in more camber for auto-X, AND they have a much lower stack height than stock FSM, so the front will come down a lil.
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
              get some vorschlag camber plates

where can I get those?
              hellaflush x driftunit

Comment

Originally posted by JJe30 View Post
                That's what everyone lists them at but I would say my races dropped close to or a lil over 2" or so.
                That's what I've seen, people with H&R race springs are normally much lower then mine looks. It doesn't even scrape the underside coming into my driveway, where as my 325e does (I pull in at the exact same spot, at the exact same speed - about .5 mph ). Plus I lined my cars up side by side, the 325is is not ANY lower. I know my 325e may have "worn" suspension, but it doesn't look any lower then any other H&R sport setup. I'll post some pics, the car looks like it's on H&R Sports though.

Comment

I think you may have gotten vamboozled.

Comment

I think I left a jack stand under my car, that's why it's higher. I'll check and get back with you guys. Hopefully it didn't mess anything up, driving around for a few hundred miles.

Comment

How on earth were you driving with a jack stand under your car for hundreds of miles and not know it??
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

huh? its not april anymore...
                        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

What...
                          :: PNW Crew ::
                          '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

*meat wod voice* do what now?
                            My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                            There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Yeah, I think a jack stand might be under the car. I might have even left the actual jack under there too.

I'll check it out and let you guys know.

Comment

Working...
                              X