Convertible Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertible Community

Hi Guys, maybe this is a dumb idea and one that may create a bigger separation between coupes and cabrios. Not my intention!!!! Just that as a cab owner it is very discouraging to look for information on suspension, body moldings (skirts) etc. that does not apply to both e30's. I say one e30, but maybe a convertible tab somewhere, where some convertible knowledge can be clumped.

So Mr. r3vLimited, kindly consider?
    No, not needed
    48.98%
    Yes, sounds like a good Idea
    51.02%

The poll is expired.

sigpic
    WTB-Strut Bar

Sure but there really isn't a lot different between vert/sedan/coupe.

Comment

difference

There are enough to warrant a sub section. Body parts interior and exterior, suspension, hard to find items (M-tech side skirts) etc. Its not a bad idea. If there are S50/52 swap sections then why not a vert section?

Beaux

Comment

There aren't any real suspension differences that I'm aware of, and aside from the rocker panels, front fenders and rear seats being different, there's not really a big enough margin of difference to warrant a whole separate forum. There's not an M3 subforum either, and that's almost a completely different car.

Comment

I see your point Mr. Anderson, no M3 sub-forum here is a good excuse, and I am okay with there being no cabriolet sub-forum. However, you are overlooking a majority of the differences between cabriolets and....non-cabriolets.

One or two things I can type out before I go poop:
          - front seats also
          - thicker front sway bar (big difference imo)
          - third brake light

blahblah poop time
          R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
            I see your point Mr. Anderson, no M3 sub-forum here is a good excuse, and I am okay with there being no cabriolet sub-forum. However, you are overlooking a majority of the differences between cabriolets and....non-cabriolets.

One or two things I can type out before I go poop:
            - front seats also
            - thicker front sway bar (big difference imo)
            - third brake light

blahblah poop time
            Only difference in the front seats is that they don't lean forward, and the stitching is horizontal as opposed to vertical. But yes, I did forget about the front sway bar. :up:

Comment

No point.

'88 325is
              VP UT of Austin Autoholics
              BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                Only difference in the front seats is that they don't lean forward, and the stitching is horizontal as opposed to vertical. But yes, I did forget about the front sway bar. :up:
                Cabby seats lean forward. I have them in my car right now. How would you get in the back seats if they didn't? ;)
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

With the top down.....;)
                  sigpic
                  88 M3,88 325ic,87 325is
                  e30s are like fat girls that USED to be hot, you just gotta work them out to make them hot again.

Comment

I see this both ways...ive never been an admin/forum guru, so I don't know how difficult it is to add a subsection to the site...but there are enough differences between the cars to warrant a sub category in my eyes.
                    --Jon

"Faster, Faster!...until the thrill of speed surpasses the fear of death."--Robert Craig

1986 Bronzit 325
                    1988 Zinno 325Ix--parts
                    1990 RX7
                    ----
                    1980 Honda Cb750, dunstall tank+fairing, Clubman
                    1974 Norton Commando ,cafe Resto.

Comment

I never had a problem finding what I needed. There are a few items omitted from the list:

Cloth top and it's mechanism which has a compartment that has all kinds of parts/issues (actuating cable/lever etc) & the back seat rear panels are totally different.

I'd say no need for another forum.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post
                        Cabby seats lean forward. I have them in my car right now. How would you get in the back seats if they didn't? ;)
                        What he probably meant is they don't lean back as far ...unless you do this:

Aaron

Comment

Is the rear suspension different??

I would like to see at least a thread dedicated to just Verts.. I think it would make learning about them easier. I just got mine and know nothing about BMWS so learning the differences and what parts I can salvage from coupes and sedans would be awesome for when I need to go junkyard diving or Ebay surfing. I need a lot of work to my car so the more stuff I know I can take off other versions the better.

So maybe not a whole sub-forum but at least a Sticky Thread would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                            There aren't any real suspension differences that I'm aware of, and aside from the rocker panels, front fenders and rear seats being different, there's not really a big enough margin of difference to warrant a whole separate forum. There's not an M3 subforum either, and that's almost a completely different car.
                            I was under the impression that the suspension was different secondary to the increased weight in the rear because of the added reinforcement. If this incorrect and I can use non-vert specific springs then I stand corrected.
                            I like the idea of a stickied thread even better than a sub-forum. Is it too late to change my vote?

Beaux

Comment

Lets add an eta subforum too. Come to think of it, why dont we also have a subforum for each variation of lower front valance you have. Im jk. Im being a dick. I dont find anything wrong with the cabby forum. There are more cabbies on here than ///M3's.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                              1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                              1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Working...
                              X