WTB/ISO: BMW BBS 15” Euroweave Center Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB/ISO: BMW BBS 15” Euroweave Center Caps

Hello all. Purchased a set of freshly refinished 15” Euroweaves, sadly didnt come with caps. Looking for a set of 4 new/like new caps. Only asking for new because heavily used ones will most likely be faded into a different color. Any help is appreciated!! Pic of the car below 😄

They were available brand new a few years ago. Are they NLA now?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	173
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	10078372

Comment

Backordered.

Comment

at this rate I’d be scared to put them on the car. I’ve personally had a set stolen and now you can’t even get them from BMW
        ------------------------------------
        01.5 S4 Avant - Sold
        88 325iS - In pieces
        91 e34 - Totaled by some dumbass
        90 325i - Daily
        06 e91 - Sold

feedback thread

Comment

BBS RZ Style 5 Centre Hub Cap 15" BMW E30 As you will know the centre caps for these wheels are becoming more expensive than the wheels themselves. I have tried to create this so it is more secure than the originals and easy to 3d print. This has taken me a very very long time to design. Once you've printed yourself some, if you like them I would appreciate it if you buy me a beer. http://www.paypal.me/renglish12345 Each cap requires 4 parts: Plate Nut Thread Insert Also requires: 8x M8 bolts 4x 68mm BMW wheel badge (36136783536) (clips on the back need to be like in the picture above) Thread and Insert are designed to stay in the wheel and should only need to be removed when tyres are changed or balanced. I have made prototypes out of PLA and ABS but I am using ASA for the final version as it has better weather and temperature resistance. Be aware that they will get hot under heavy braking so PLA and PETG might not be suitable. I haven't tried painting them but it should be possible. At the moment these are only for the 15" wheels but I might redesign for the 14" wheels too. Printing You will need to work out your own settings as everyone's printer will be different. I have been printing the insert, plate and thread without supports and the nut with supports and upside down. Assembly Firstly slot the insert into the centre of the wheel, with the tapered side facing out. Then put the threaded part on to this, line the holes up and bolt together. Then put the plate on by locating it on three slots in the threaded part and on the three pins on the wheel. This stops everything from tuning and the nut can now be put on. You can print a BBS Wrench (80mm) to help you undo the nut but you should only need to tighten them by hand. Make a note / take some pictures of the position the nut in relation to the tyre's valve so you can check it's not coming undone. Assemble everything off the wheel first to make sure the threads are ok and it goes together well. Can all be done with the wheels still on the car but if you have the wheels off it might be worth putting some M8 nyloc nuts on the back of the bolts if you don't trust the printed threads. I have found that there are some small differences in the wheels depending on when and where they were made. I have tried to make this design to fit as well as possible on my wheels. You might be able to improve the fit on your wheels by scaling the parts by ± 1% or so. Comment if you have any other issues and I'll see what I can do.

just 3D printed these for my buddys car, they look great! and they fit a e46/e90 wheel cap so you can replace it later just have to paint them to match the wheels

Comment

Originally posted by D3R3K View Post
            https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4870879

just 3D printed these for my buddys car, they look great! and they fit a e46/e90 wheel cap so you can replace it later just have to paint them to match the wheels
            Think these will hold up to the heat of hot brakes?
            I guess it depends on the material you print with.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post

Think these will hold up to the heat of hot brakes?
              I guess it depends on the material you print with.
              Correct you could print them in abs

I printed them in PLA so we’ll see what happens
              Last edited by Panici; 07-20-2023, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D3R3K View Post
                https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4870879

Ended up going with TCEuro reps….I am not sure if they were 3D printed…. Sadly, they are definitely not the same quality and fit+finish as OEM/BBS Caps. But I was tired of waiting. Look good on the car though!
                Attached Files

Comment

I have an OEM one for sale if you’re still interested. Last one I have left

Click image for larger version  Name:	32A86F38-65FD-43BA-9F58-455C93C41C74.jpg Views:	0 Size:	189.7 KB ID:	10099771
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ZeKahr; 07-22-2023, 06:49 AM.
                  1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                  1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post
                    I have an OEM one for sale if you’re still interested. Last one I have left

Click image for larger version Name:	32A86F38-65FD-43BA-9F58-455C93C41C74.jpg Views:	0 Size:	189.7 KB ID:	10099771
                    Is it a set of 4 or just 1 singular cap ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lars30 View Post

Is it a set of 4 or just 1 singular cap ?
                      Just one singular cap. Like I said, it’s the last one I have left
                      1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                      1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post

Just one singular cap. Like I said, it’s the last one I have left
                        Oh come on man you had me excited for a second! Thanks anyways, but I need 4.
                        Last edited by Lars30; 07-24-2023, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X