2360lb 318is Slicktop S52 Camed, Caged, Brembos Wilwood 5 lug fender flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2360lb 318is Slicktop S52 Camed, Caged, Brembos Wilwood 5 lug fender flares

Selling my highly modded lightweight 2360lbs.(guessing 270hp on a dynojet dyno. so 308hp at crank) Track Car 1991 Diamond Schwartz slicktop 318is with a S52 rebuilt at 98k currently has less then 30k on motor.

Cold compression test numbers were done after my last track day 4 years ago very consistent #s. Less then 3% psi difference from all 6 cylinders. Since compression test I've only street driven roughly 15k-18k miles in 4 years

shrick 256/256 Cams. Dr vanos stage 2 w limiter and pretty much all bolt ons possible. (minus ITBs). Includes. Ported head matched intake, Under Drive Pulleys, Turner motorsports tuned OBD1 converted 413 Bosch ECU. 24lb lnjectors, BigBoreThrottleBody Euro 3.5 MAF, M50 manifold, bimmerworld 3.5 inch silicone elbow. Custom large volume cold air box. Super Sprint long tube rep. headers to full 3 inch manderal bend exhaust. Proper burns reverb Y collector 3 way 350 cell cat, vibrant resonator and hooker muffler. Very tammed for a full 3" exhaust w/ 3 V bands.
    Setrab 8an oil cooler w UUC oil cap adapter. Mocal oil thermostat 180f
    oil pump nut welded and safety wired.
    525i oil pan and w/ front sump.
    VAC trap door pan baffles.

5 Speed ZF transmission from a 1999 M3 w UUC lightweight flywheel and a Spec unsprung stage 5 lightweight 6 puck clutch. Chatters only on super hot summer days. Very grabby.

Ground Control coilovers konis with dyno matched Koni SA valved specificaly. UUC camber plates
    Front spring rate is 650lbs rear 550lbs
    5 lug converted. Front has 1997 M3 spindles and control arms.
    Porsche 996 Monoblock Brembos modified by rally road and E46 M3 drilled Stoptech rotors 325mm x 28mm
    Rear is 5 lug converted using 1998 318ti trailing arms and hubs
    MASSIVE LEE Kit radial mount 4 pot Wilwoods with floating 2 piece scalloped and waved LTW 300mm x 32mm wilwood rotors.
    Tilton Rear bias lever cockpit mounted.
    Stainless steel lines.
    Mason engineering brake duct plates with ducting to the valance.
    Z3 Steering rack w/bumbsteer spacer
    ​​​​Treehouse racing LCAB offset

Ka Motor Sports fender flares. The smaller ones.
    Euro moldings Smoked retrofit smileys.
    Euro grills
    Morimoto Evo XR Bixenons.

17x9 on all 4 square Setup Apex 8 LTW wheels 17.5lbs each
    20mm spacers in front 15mm spacers Rear
    255/40/17 Front and Rears

Differential 188mm medium case 3.25 ratio LSD/posi w custom 1.5 way lockup ramps. And also converted using 4 clutches. 40% lockup accel. 25% deceleration. Built by JMP.

Condor motorsports 24v swap UHMW MotorMounts. Diff mount. UUC cuped poly trans mount. Treehouse offset LCAB.
    Ireland subframe polyurethane bushings.

No AC. No heater core. No stereo. No carpet.
    ​​​​​​All sound debting removed properly Primed and painted affected areas.
    Gutted interior with Sparco Evo Drivers and Sparco pro 2000 passenger. G Force and Crow Harness.
    7lb vented hood with hoodpins
    5lb trunk with pins and latches.

​​​​​​VDO oil temp. Oil pressure. Water temp. AEM AFR. Volts. All center vent mounted. Sequential shift light. MZ3 3 core radiator. 16 spal electric fan w/adjustable thermostat.
    7psi VDO oil pressure light with the original 5psi light both work as a redundant back up.

5 point roll cage. Removable diagonal bar.
    Mason engineering strut bar.
    Eibach front sway bar. With adjustable spherical solid joint end links.
    chassis mount PMC tall short shifter

325ic rear sway bar 16mm
    Ireland engineering polyurethane rear sub frame mounts.
    E36 convertible OEM X brace retrofit to e30s
    Rear shock tower brace with trunk floor bracing above the diff mount. No torn spot welds on trunk floor.

Lightweight. With only 2 gallons in reserve it's 2360lbs weighed at Truck Scales. A bit front bias. Needs weight removed from front or added to rear. Weight distrubution of 56/44 front to rear.

Original paint And glass is original is in great condition. No clear coat damage.
    Original Crack free dash.
    Euro smiley headlights with retrofit Morimoto Evo XR bixenons ellipsoids. With DDM 50w premium ballasts and Morimoto 4350k bulbs. The best retrofit headlights I've ever seen in light output and beam pattern.
    Euro no side marker moldings, All around.
    Screened ram air highbeam intake into cold air box.
    Carbon fiber fog light block off plates
    Custom front airdam

Reinforced subframe under motor mounts and sway bar tabs.w/Bimmerworld kit.

Porsche 930 CV joints with 325e half shaft
    328i 5 speed Original low mileage drive shaft.
    Diamond plate Almuminium floor plates w Sparco passenger foot box.
    Sparco Suede R132 steering wheel. Momo hub. NRG 2.0 quick release.

Plus lots more.

Owned for over 10 years. Ever single sensor and bushing including the harmonic balancer was replaced 6 years ago.

I've dragged raced my friends lightly modded E92 M3 SMG with software, dinan intake and dinan muffler with LTW APEX wheels bunch of times around on freeway
    And
    Super evenly matched. My top of third gear pulls half car length but his 5th catches me and passes me around 130mph, puts at least a half car gap at 155mph. It basically comes down to drivers. Any tiny mistake or wheel spin and you lose. The two cars are that evenly matched. but E92 is faster.
    Every single E46 M3 no matter the mods I've raced I've won I think one was MZ4 S54 cammed w CSL air box. Non FI M3s of course.

Ran a 1:25:xx at Streets of willow CCW on BFG R1 slicks. no aero. Did a high 1:24:XX CW with plywood front splitter and ACP 250 trunk wing.

Big willow is my main track spent years breaking my best lap times. I think I was in the 1:35;xx w/BFG R1 slick's with plywood splitter and APC 250 wing.

Fontana lap times I don't remember but I do remember hitting the cars mechanical top speed of 156mph+ on the banked oval. Not GPS verfied. Going off of RPM using a tire/diff calculator.

Also won the Optima battery challange autocross at Camarillo airport. Outright fastest car of the day. Over 50 entrants. On new set of 255 40 17 Hankook RS3 200TW shaved and low heat cycles. Prize was a set of falken 615s

Total of only 7or8 events since I've owned it. Fair share of canyon runs at 5am. For how old the car is and highly modded it really has not seen much track use.

Chassis is also low milage has under 90k
    Tiny bit if rust under the battery box. Otherwise rust free. Originaly From Houston TX for 20 years and last 10 years it's been in LA. Very clean dry chassis.

Ask any question.
    ​​​​the sale is put on hold.
    Asking 2X,XXX.
    If I'm lucky I'll list it again.
    Last edited by brakelate; 11-09-2022, 02:52 PM.

The bad.
    Valance slight bent.
    Cracked windshield only 8 inch stopped growing and repair able without removing.
    Possible one of the condor motor mounts needs replacing.
    one of the Rebuilt Posche 930 CV joint rebuilt 5k miles ago but the boot is leaking slightly.
    Trunk and hood are wrapped and starting to peel.not bad though.

Located in Los Angeles. I'm sure many people on here have seen the car in person.it get a ton of love. Gets at least one person giving Thumbs up Everytime it gets driven.

notes:
    Didn't think the day would come. I loved the car. And it shows. Many people have said it's one of nicest non M e30s in Cali.

Asking XXK
    Pm me Or email me
    Redlyne22@hotmail.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by brakelate; 10-30-2022, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Some quick pics from a few years ago. I'll take new ones next time I wash the car.
      Attached Files

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by brakelate View Post
          Asking XXK
          How many dollars is that supposed to be?
          Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
          Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

Originally posted by Spyke View Post

How many dollars is that supposed to be?
            My guess is $20,000.

Comment

Nice build!

Do you know how much power this makes? I’m looking to take my stock s52 to full bolt on and do a similar build.

Comment

Nice car. My old e30 track car that is similarly built, except with e30 M3 MCS remote res 2ways, Alcons, and MK60 ABS was listed for $35k... Don't think it ever sold though.
                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by punnzzells View Post

My guess is $20,000.
                  His original listing price when first posted was $47K.
                  1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                  1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

His original listing price when first posted was $47K.
                    XX = twenty in Roman numerals, and then I figured or guessed K - representing the 1000th, although that is NOT a Roman numeral....just the common millennial vernacular.

Comment

Working...
                    X