Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 BMW 318iS MotorSwap/Turbo 345iS $7800 OBO

SOLD

I have a 1991 318iS E30 for sale. It has gone under heavy modification including exterior, suspension and motor. Body has 166,xxx miles on it. The rebuilt motor has roughly 8,xxx miles on it. NO RUST. It has the cloth Recaro iS sport seats that came with the car. Driver’s side has a tear in the upper and lower bolsters, usual wear and tear. Every other seat is immaculate. Dash has no cracks and shines like brand new. M shift knob with M-Tech I steering wheel and red needles on the cluster like the E30 M3. The paint isn’t terrible for being an 18 year old car, it has its blemishes but you would have to look good to notice them. I’d give the paint an 8/10. Has an aftermarket Pioneer radio installed.

Motor - It has a M102 engine from the E23 1981 745i. The car comes with a turbo-charged inline-6 cylinder. It has a 3.4l head and a separate 3.5l block from a 1989 735i. This block was used because it has bigger pistons (89mm pistons vs. 92mm pistons) for better low-end torque. Both the head and block are completely rebuilt. The head was re-surfaced with new head-gasket, new seals and re-seated valves along with Automotive Racing Products (ARP) Head Stud Kit. The block was honed and re-surfaced with new piston rings and new bearings. We had to adapt oil-spraying nozzles into the block to cool down the pistons. All these parts were brand new. The drive train consists of a 5-spd manual gearbox from a 1989 535i, direct bolt-on, custom driveshaft and an S3.25 differential highway gear. All these parts were cleaned and tested before installed. The motor sits on custom made motor mount hangers that are ½” thick of steel that hang on the sub-frame of the car. It also comes with the stock 3Row radiator and clutch fan from the 745i. Hallman Boost Controller and a boost gauge in the center vent.

Suspension – It has height adjustable coil-over’s that were installed by the previous owner. Car feels very good and stable around corners. Brembo slotted rotors helps with the braking and it’s riding on 17X7.5 MB Motoring Rev’s with Kumho Ecsta 205/40/17. It has a full size spare to match the rest

Exterior - iS Lip painted body color with RyanG Splitter. Smoked Euro-Ellipsoid Headlights with city lights. M-Tech I trunk lip. Smoked turn signals/reflectors. All red tail lights. Blackout kidney grill. 20% tint on 5 windows.

Some eye-candy.

Last edited by 91bmw318; 11-21-2009, 11:53 AM.
    318iS ~ 345iS
    ~Body - Smoked Euro Ellips, iS Lip, RyanG Splitter, M-Tech I trunk lip, 17X7.5 MB Motoring Revs, Adjustable Coilovers, Brembo Slotted Rotors
    ~Motor - E23 M102 Head, E32 M30 block, E34 M30 oil pan, 635CSI Trans, Custom Driveshaft, 2.93LSD ~ 300HP

All that work and now your selling? Why is that?
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

very nice! i'm glad you don't live on the west coast.

Comment

wow. that's a pretty sweet setup man. why are you selling it? -another project in the works?
        Greg

Comment

I'd say...

Simplicity is your best option!

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            All that work and now your selling? Why is that?
            Yea, great learning experience, time to move on. It's a fun car and I promise it won't leave the new owner disappointed!

Originally posted by leadphut View Post
            very nice! i'm glad you don't live on the west coast.
            Haha why's that? If you want it you can buy it! Make an offer ;)

Originally posted by learningcurve86 View Post
            wow. that's a pretty sweet setup man. why are you selling it? -another project in the works?
            Possibly another project, haven't decided yet. Have an M-Tech II Cabrio sitting doing nothing so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the support.

Dan.
            318iS ~ 345iS
            ~Body - Smoked Euro Ellips, iS Lip, RyanG Splitter, M-Tech I trunk lip, 17X7.5 MB Motoring Revs, Adjustable Coilovers, Brembo Slotted Rotors
            ~Motor - E23 M102 Head, E32 M30 block, E34 M30 oil pan, 635CSI Trans, Custom Driveshaft, 2.93LSD ~ 300HP

Comment

Make some offers guys!!
              318iS ~ 345iS

Comment

Was thinking about getting a Low miles e46 for a DD to start being responsible... But....

How do you think this would do as a daily driver? Nice car and not too far away, me being from WI.

Comment

Bump
                  318iS ~ 345iS

Comment

Bump
                    318iS ~ 345iS

Comment

Was the turbocharger rebuilt? Any other parts in the engine bay refreshed/rebuilt/replaced? sensors, whatever?

Does it have A/C? power steering?

Forgive me for being naive, what sort of engine management is used on the 745i? What's used in this car?
                      1991 ///M5

Comment

Originally posted by IAmCman View Post
                        Was the turbocharger rebuilt? Any other parts in the engine bay refreshed/rebuilt/replaced? sensors, whatever?

Does it have A/C? power steering?

Forgive me for being naive, what sort of engine management is used on the 745i? What's used in this car?
                        The turbocharger was rebuilt. It has about 10K miles on it now. The whole motor was stripped down and rebuilt with brand new parts and a new headgasket was put in as of 9-10-09. Car is running smooth and as of today there are brand new Kumho tires in the back. It does not have A/C but does have power steering. The engine management is the stock L-Jetronic that ran the car before.

Dan.

Price Update - Until 9-19-09 I will sell the car for $7000. Price is firm. Any other questions anybody would like to know just PM me or reply to the thread. You can get a hold of me at 586-354-5210 as well
                        318iS ~ 345iS

Comment

Thats some old school euro muscle. Didn't hartge put one of those in an e30? BTW, any chance of a build thread on it anywhere? I dig it. Just not in the market for any cars at the moment.
                          Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

It in the 1st post
                            but her you go http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64764.
                            I don't think he's going to get any where near 7 k for this thing

Comment

agree on the 7k price but the car looks rather clean...

Comment

Working...
                              X