Clear All

So nice. GLWS!
    balticblau-metallic '84 318i 5spd 3.91 LSD

Comment

Bump this need some offers
      _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

Someone needs to legitimately define why this is being defined as a "stroker" motor.

From everything that has been posted regarding this car in the past, it is a basic 2.7L block with stock 2.7L pistons and a 325i cylinder head.
        That would leave you with a low compression motor, not a stroker/performance build. If it actually has had new pistons installed, then sure, we've got a stroker motor. Otherwise it's just a hodgepodge of random parts.

I think the air of "mystery" around the motor in this car causes people to fall into one of 2 categories:

1) You believe you're buying a performance built motor (possibly incorrectly)
        2) You are now questioning what else isn't being "fully disclosed" about the car (unfortunate byproduct)

I'm not pointing fingers at this specific seller. It's been the "trend" with this car with a few previous owners which I think has contributed to the lack of actual information about what it is.

Best,
        Chris
        Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
          Someone needs to legitimately define why this is being defined as a "stroker" motor.

From everything that has been posted regarding this car in the past, it is a basic 2.7L block with stock 2.7L pistons and a 325i cylinder head.
          That would leave you with a low compression motor, not a stroker/performance build. If it actually has had new pistons installed, then sure, we've got a stroker motor. Otherwise it's just a hodgepodge of random parts.

I think the air of "mystery" around the motor in this car causes people to fall into one of 2 categories:

1) You believe you're buying a performance built motor (possibly incorrectly)
          2) You are now questioning what else isn't being "fully disclosed" about the car (unfortunate byproduct)

I'm not pointing fingers at this specific seller. It's been the "trend" with this car with a few previous owners which I think has contributed to the lack of actual information about what it is.

Best,
          Chris
          Just going off what Vlad had said when he sold the car
          _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

Henna

Car runs amazing, pulls harder than any 2.5 around. It's pretty simple to understand the engine combination in the car. It's an Eta 2.7L block with ported/polished 2.5L iS head & some goodies. Compression brought up via head gasket thickness. Could be changed out if the new owner wanted to turbo it. People call this swap a "stroker" because the 2.7 block has 81mm of stroke versus the 2.5's 75 mm of stroke. Whether that term is correct or not, that's why it"s referred to as a "stroker". We're not looking for any science lessons or rants on definitions, just want to sell a nice car to a good buyer. No matter what you call it, the Henna runs very, very strong and never misses a beat. There are absolutely no leaks, noises, or smoke from any component on the car. It idles perfect and pulls hard through the entire powerband. The first serious buyer who drives it will take it home with them, guaranteed. Thanks again for all of the interest and let Pat know of any partial trades you have.
            Last edited by culli292; 11-13-2011, 07:47 PM. Reason: left out information

Comment

This thing is a beauty, whoever picks this one up is in for a treat! GLWS

'88 325iX -Totaled
              '97 M3 - Sold
              '85 euro e30 Pete McHenry 2.8L m20 Stroker - Parting out
              '89 325is - Sold
              '95 540i 6spd
              '87 325is M Technic I s50

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments, but we need to sell before the end of the month.
                _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

Originally posted by pwagon717 View Post
                  Thanks for all the compliments, but we need to sell before the end of the month.
                  you should take some amazing pics and put the car on Ebay - you will get huge exposure with at least 5000 people who would be interested :up:

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
                    you should take some amazing pics and put the car on Ebay - you will get huge exposure with at least 5000 people who would be interested :up:

Yea, I was just giving the community a chance first, before going to Fleabay. Have you seen their price hikes for selling cars?
                    _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

bump
                      _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

Willing to trade straight across for an 82 henna 320is w/ an m20 swap? I'll pay the shipping.
                        sigpic

Comment

Henna

She's going to be on eBay soon. Only partial trades are a pick-up or wagon for a daily.

Comment

updated with more pictures
                            _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

still for sale
                              _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

this things dope

96 328is. Eibach Springs. Staggered Black DSII. Magnaflow Exhaust. Vaders. M3 Moldings/Mirrors

Comment

Working...
                                X