Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: [SOLD] 1987 325i Vert Manual

Sold locally for $3000

I swapped in a better interior and a good top, so here's an updated ad with updated pictures

This is a 1987 325i manual vert that started life as shwartz, but has been re-sprayed a delphin color. The interior has been re-upholstered with red pleather and it has been mildly lowered on BavAuto sport springs.

Here are recent pictures:

I would say that the car is in really great shape and is well sorted. The paint has some blemishes and minor dents/dings that you'd expect on a 30 year old car that used to be a DD. It's not a show car, but it looks pretty good from 5 feet away. It has a crack-free dash and the interior has been re-upholstered in red pleather. The material is still very soft, comfortable, and looks great.

The car has little to no body rust. The battery tray has some and the rocker panel section of the bolt-on front passenger fender has some. Honestly it's structurally rust-free and I've been over every inch of the car bringing it back to life.

It runs like a top, pulls hard, and just generally feels like a nice peppy m20. It does have hesitation when cold, so the coolant temp sensor is probably dead. I have the procedure to trouble shoot it printed out, but I've had too much going on to check it out. That being said, it has good heat and is properly bled. It comes up to temp correctly and stays at temp whether you're on the highway or just idling for an hour. I haven't put eyes on the clutch, but it feel strong and doesn't slip. The car runs flawlessly when after it warms up for a couple of minutes.

Like I said, I pulled it out of a back yard to save it and give someone a good car. I wanted to get all the major maintenance stuff out of the way so the next owner can tackle little things over time instead of having to dive in and replace everything. With that in mind, here's a list of the work I've done to it in the past 200 miles:
    -Replaced misc radiator hoses/clamps
    -Replaced timing belt, water pump, and flushed the coolant
    -Adjusted the valves and replaced the valve cover gasket and the rocker shaft plugs
    -Replaced the throttle body gasket
    -Replaced all the belts
    -Replaced the battery
    -Replaced the control arms, control arm bushings, front swap bar end links, and the inner/outer tie rods
    -Aligned the car
    -Welded up any exhaust leaks and replaced the exhaust gaskets between the manifold and downpipes and replaced the exhaust hanger rubber
    -Flushed the brake fluid and replaced all pads/rotors
    -Replaced the brake light switch
    -Replaced front and rear strut mounts
    -Installed BavAuto Sport springs from an e36m3. They are the same diameter as e30 springs, and the e36m3 is roughly the same weight as an e30 vert. This comes out to about a 1-2 inch drop. The car feels much sportier and doesn't have as much body roll, but still has a nice smooth ride and isn't too low to DD. I also checked the rebound on all the shocks and they are fine.
    -Replaced the old 2 fuel pump setup with a single in-tank high flow TRE pump
    -Replaced the fuel filter
    -Changed the oil and oil filter
    -Replaced the blower motor from a parts car
    -Replaced the thermostat and bled the coolant
    -Replaced the strut that hold open the trunk
    -Replaced broken interior door handles
    -Replaced the front driver's wheel bearing
    -Replaced passenger taillight

I know i'm missing some stuff that I've fixed. You really need to come see it and drive it to understand how nice of a car it became.

It currently has antique tags and the only thing that could keep it from getting an inspection is that the windshield has a crack. Other than that, it's a great little car. It looks good, drives well, and has been fun. With all of the new parts in mind, I would like $3000 for it. Based on what I've seen of the market price and the condition of this car, I feel like $3000 is pretty low. But like I said, I got it to save it from the scrap yard and give someone a nice starting point for a pretty clean little e30, not to tack on a bunch of "e30 tax" and make a killing.

Send me a PM if you're interested or have any questions! Although it's fine sitting in my garage and going on an occasional drive, I'm eager to get it a new home!

-Jerry
    Last edited by McGyver; 07-07-2016, 06:25 AM.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Nice...same color combo, year and model as mine. GLWS
    http://www.DeluxeCarStorage.com
    87 325ic - Early ACS Tribute
    90 325i MT2 - R.I.P

Seller Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=380908

Comment

How many miles?
      DrewZ
      ------51k mile '92 325iC SOLD :(---------------------ex '01 740iS---------------

Comment

Seems like a really solid start for someone since you pretty much baselined it. Awesome color combo, too.
        GLWS!
        '93 300TE 24V Krautbomber
        '84 528e 5 speed Saphirblau Metallic [R.I.P.]

I love all BMWs with round headlights!

Comment

Do you still have the car

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn just brought one

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Rescued E30 vert

Interested, sent a pm. Hope it's not sold yet!

Comment

Lost a sale cuz I didn't respond to him^ fast enough. Learned my lesson, need this gone, so back to the top.
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Summer time is here and I know someone needs this fun little cruiser in their life. Come and get it!
                  sigpic

Comment

I need this gone.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh, I really want this, but I just can't get another e30 right now. GLWS!!!
                      My Garage
                      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                        Oh, I really want this, but I just can't get another e30 right now. GLWS!!!
                        Oh you know you want it.
                        sigpic

Comment

My wallet says no, but my heart says yes.
                          My Garage
                          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

New pictures of the new interior and top. I need this out of my life and I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet a buyer.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X