'87 325 5spd Euro Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'87 325 5spd Euro Coupe

I believe the time has finally come to let go of my cared for e30 and delve into other advanced projects and more important things in my life, so as they always say my loss will be your gain. As i'll be moving into a new home starting my senior year in college with no more garage space i feel that the car should live on being kept up as it has been. Although, I will state that i'm not in a hurry to sell.

This car has not once left me stranded in the 3 and a half years i've had it and I have always kept up with regular maintenance and some. It was bought new in Southern California in it's diving bumper glory and has been kept garaged and taken care of basically since new and rust free. I bought the car May 2013 from the 2nd owner who used it as his weekend car with 134k miles which i have now clocked to 170,700. I acquired it bone stock with pretty much all the original maintenance parts such as water pump, timing belt, ignition etc. the only mod at that point, if you will, were carbon-fiber wheel emblems. The following has been done since my ownership:

Exterior:
    The entire exterior has either been replaced with new and/or freshly painted.
    -Full re-spray of body and trim the summer of 2014 with original zinnoberrot color code. All original body panels, one slight dent and paint chip probably only i notice.
    - Complete Euro Bumper kit. Front bar had a dent and was professionally rechromed. Rear bumpers are original and high polished. No dullness whatsoever. Front euro black bumper trim is brand new. Anything left over from U.S. spec bumpers has been welded and painted over leaving no trace of its ugly past.
    -Two piece euro valence with early euro lip
    -Euro correct foglights(Not hooked up but worked on previous car)
    -New Euro Grilles
    -Oem badges all around
    -Euro mirror delete plate
    -New sunroof seal
    -IS trunk spoiler

Interior:
    Original Houndstooth interior, Zero rips, tears or stains. Same goes for headliner
    -Black door pulls and map pockets
    -Replaced saggy visor roof panel
    -Original and uncracked dash
    -Rewrapped original sport steering wheel with M stitch pattern
    -Euro clock
    -Jigsaw cupholder
    -Replaced stuck glove box
    -Knee bolster
    -Discontinued? E30 specific Coco Mats
    -JVC headunit with aftermarket system + tweeters
    - Premium rear speakers
    -Houndstooth headrests and new oem install kit
    -Leather shift boot/brake handle
    -Driver side window regulator
    -Working crank sunroof
    -Working heater for the winter, converted to r134 diagnosed with a leak

Wheels and Suspension:
    -H&R Race Springs with brand new Bilstein B8 shocks all around and e90 drop hats in the front
    -Road Force RF727 aka style 5 rep wheels 16x8 et20 with Nankang 205/50 all season performance tires, less than 1,000 miles since new on both

Maintenance:
    First maintenance performed at 136,147 miles: Timing Belt, water pump, valve adjustment, Cap&Rotor, Spark plugs&wires, Battery&Starter, oil& fuel filters, all fluids changed and various cooling and ICV hoses
    -Fuel pressure regulator
    -Intake boot
    -Transmission replaced with used good condition one at Castro Motorsports in L.A.
    -Center support Bearing
    -Driveshaft Flex Disk
    -Crank Position Sensor
    -Transmission mounts
    -New Meyle Control Arms
    -Front and rear meyle shock mounts
    -Rear Wheel Bearings
    -Sway Bar End-Links and Tie-Rods
    -Rotors and brake pads
    -Transmission insulating boot
    -New rebuilt steering rack
    -DTM style muffler
    -Transmission seals, used to have a tiny drip and now has no oil fall from any system
    -Shifter bushings
    -Garagistic Strut Bar
    -Valve adjustment in April this year by Phaedrus BMW in San Francisco, compression also showed the following numbers 185,190,185,185,180,190 for the healthy 2.7
    -Differential and transmission fluid change

The car has been issued a salvage title from the previous owner when he was hit very minorly sitting in traffic, the damage was so minor so i am honestly not sure why it was issued the title, but then again insurance companies have not seemed to care about these old bmw's yet. The damage was only to the very lower right portion of the rear valence but was straightened out with the damaged tow hook welded over. I believe this gives the car a much cleaner look than the original tow hook and dimples that came on the rear and allow for a simpler style. The carfax shows that there was NO structural damage whatsoever and I have multiple confirmations from different shops. If a title worries you this is not the car for you, but this car runs better than most clean title cars out there, so get over it. Don't have many shots of the rear before but heres a before and after view:

I'm forgetting a few items I'm sure but the car drives amazingly and needs nothing to be enjoyed at a moments notice. She's served daily driving duties for the past few years and can definitely continue to do so without a doubt. The smiles per mile on this baby are great as well with the Eta's torquey nature. I have driven this to and from L.A and the Bay Area when needing to and has never skipped a beat. 9.5/10 times its the only euro bumper car anywhere i go and its truly something special to be enjoyed. The only items that do not function on the car as stated above is the A/C, the antenna(which isn't even needed with the headunit) and the fog lights which need to be hooked up. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask/pm and i'll be sure to update this post if need be. Again, i'm in no hurry to sell. I am asking $7,000, and i am much more into it than that with parts, time and shop labor which is one more reason to purchase this car. This car really needs nothing and you are very welcome to have the car inspected at the shop of your choice if you wish to do so. This e30 isn't for the person who wants an i/is for the "famed" badging but for someone who appreciates the e30 model and wants to motor around in one of these classics without having to worry about it. The car is located and can be seen in San Jose, Ca. most days after 3pm. I will update in a couple days when time frees up to show more detailed photos. Be one of the few to show off some euro goodness, and thanks for reading.
    Last edited by AlonzoS; 07-04-2016, 08:15 AM. Reason: Price

Great price. Glws
    NASA
    BMWCCA member
    PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
    1997 M3 sedan
    2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Nice job at doing the conversion. Did you close the holes where the black molding went into the body work?
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Soooo nice!
          2 x 88 IXs, 91 318IS, 90, 97, 98, 01 M3s, 95 540I 6spd,

Current project 91 318is build thread
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=385094

sigpic

Comment

If you are seriously thinking of selling it, put it on BAT. Lately, its been a great platform on classics.

Cars usually sell for what they are worth but I have seen some commanding great money.

Comment

I really want to see how much this sales, as I have the same exact year in dalphin grey with 80k miles, absolute gorgeous car and worth the price, GLWS

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                Nice job at doing the conversion. Did you close the holes where the black molding went into the body work?
                Thank you, and yes all the previous holes leading into the trunk were either welded/epoxied over to ensure that no water or moisture is able to collect in the trunk

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                If you are seriously thinking of selling it, put it on BAT. Lately, its been a great platform on classics.
                I am serious and that has been a thought, however I'd like for an enthusiast here to have the chance before I decide to go that route

Thank you all, I'd like to think I'm not far off the asking price considering early models are getting harder to come by with these options in good mostly original condition

Comment

Updated with new pictures showing current condition and items I missed on listing

Comment

Very cool car. GLWS

Comment

Funny how things change; good ol' price reduction due to finding an exceptional rig that is within my budget. Also, happy 4th \m/

Comment

Holy cow that's a beautiful car and a great price. Good luck with the sale!
                        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

beautiful car if your in the SoCal area with it let me know i'd be very interested in it.

Comment

Pm's responded to

Comment

Bump for an absolutely beautiful car. Saw this thing at the CATuned Open House a while back and fell in love, it's even cleaner in person guys. Good luck with the sale man.

Quick question, any chance you could point me in the direction of where to buy those side mirror delete plates?

Comment

Working...
                              X