FS - 87 325is - Delphin - Euro Bumpers - 2.7 Pete McHenry M20 184 WHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS - 87 325is - Delphin - Euro Bumpers - 2.7 Pete McHenry M20 184 WHP

After much debate I’ve decided to put my E30 up for sale. I have loved owning this car over the past 7 years but it’s time to move on to something new.

1987 BMW 325is - $12,500
    Delphin (184) / Perlbeige (0206)
    2.7 M20 by Pete McHenry 184whp 183wtq
    5-Speed Manual
    Euro Bumpers
    E30 M3 5-Lug Conversion
    WBAAA1308H2326869
    Odometer Mileage 80421
    Total Mileage Unknown
    Nashville, TN

I purchased the car in June of 2013 from a member of r3v. The PO replaced the cluster prior to my purchase due to an inoperable speedometer and the new cluster was showing 65k miles. The two prior FS threads are below which do a nice job of covering the build and modifications.

Since purchasing the car I’ve invested over $15,000 in replacement parts and maintenance to bring the car back up the level it is at today. I have all of the receipts and records. Outside of normal maintenance items such as oil changes (annually with Mobil1) the highlights are below:

66452 Miles - Used transmission from Bavarian Auto Recycling (Lifetime transferrable warranty) along with driveshaft and all related seals.
    71427 Miles – Clutch (Sachs)
    73000 Miles – Timing belt, drive belts, water pump, fan clutch, thermostat, distributer cap and rotor, ignition wires, coil and spark plugs.
    74332 Miles – Car was sent to Korman Autoworks in Greensboro for a thorough going over. This service alone was $9470. At a high level the instrument panel was refurbished, idle adjusted, engine and transmission mounts replaced, both rear CV axels replaced, transmission output seal, shifter seal and shift knuckle replaced, steering rack replaced, rear subframe removed and inspected, all bushings lubed and replaced as needed and a lot of odds and ends. Detailed invoice is included with records including all mechanic notes.
    76000 Miles – Used perlbeige sport interior purchased locally in Nashville. Replaced the miss-matched black and perlbeige door panels and replaced the Tenzo R racing seats.
    76252 Miles – Refurbished set of 16x8 E38 Style 5 wheels (painted with polished lip) with Dunlop Direzza Zii* 225/50-16 tires.
    80167 Miles – Brake pads (Hawk HPS) and rotors (Zimmerman) and brake fluid change.

The overall condition of the car is excellent. It is not a concourse car, but just scruffy enough that I don’t hesitate to drive it anywhere.

Exterior – The body is in great shape with no rust, dents or other issues. The paint is a solid 8/10 with a few imperfections. The front and rear bumpers were painted black when the car was rebuilt and have some rock chips. All of the seals and rubber components are in good shape. The glass is original. The windshield has some pitting and small chip that has never spread / cracked during my ownership. The wheels are clean with no curb rash. Tires have plenty of life left and have just over 4000 miles on them.

Interior – I would rate the interior as a 7/10. The seats all have some creasing and the drivers outer side bolster has an approximately 1” hole. The foam is in good shape. The seats can all be adjusted but the struts do not operate. The dashboard is perfect with zero cracks. The instrument cluster including all lights function with the exception of the fuel gauge which reads a range between ½ (when empty) and full. All power windows, mirrors and sunroof work fine. The OBC is fully functional including backlight. The headliner is clean and tight with some wear around the edges of the sunroof and one small tear (less than 1”) near the passenger side dome light. The air conditioning was removed when the car was rebuilt by the PO and the head unit has been removed and replaced with a blanking plate.

Mechanical – The car runs and drives extremely well. The engine idles smoothly once warmed up and pulls strongly to redline. The cold start idle is a little lumpy due to the cam. The engine weeps a very small amount of oil from the rear of the valve cover gasket. The ride is firm but well controlled and the suspension is all in great shape. The steering is very direct (Z3 rack) but not too heavy.

Additional pictures are in the album linked below. Please PM or email me at jeffrey.presto@gmail.com if interested. Car is up for sale on several forums and locally in Nashville. Car is being sold as is.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like jxpresto.
    Last edited by jxpresto; 07-26-2019, 03:19 PM. Reason: Added email contact info.
    1987 325is
    2015 Fiesta ST

sale

very slick ………..glws

Pete McHenry no less

Comment

Beautiful car, honest price! GLWS

Comment

Very well presented car. Should be a quick sale.
        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
        Alice the Time Capsule
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Pending sale.
          1987 325is
          2015 Fiesta ST

Comment

Sweet looking car...glws
            sigpic

Comment

Sold!
              1987 325is
              2015 Fiesta ST

Comment