WTB: '60-'70s Lotus Elan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: '60-'70s Lotus Elan

Missed the bus on these cars but it's my dream to have one. Not the plus 2, not the europa.... the FHC is preferred but a DHC (convertible) could work.

I want one I can mod and swap so not looking for a pristine example, a project or a basketcase is best, it's the title and ability to be registered with the DMV that I'll be paying for as I intend to update the frame, body shell and engine.

Looking for something in the ballpark of $2k-$4k, anything higher and I'll need to get permission, lol. If someone knows of one being neglected, send that information my way!

My e30 is not going to be happy....

You're not going to find much of an Elan for that range. and if there was I wouldnt buy one. Fiberglass body and a frame that develops cracks. Will be a nightmare. Best bet is looking for something in the ~$20-30k range and it would still need work
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

2-4k you might find a roached body with no frame or drivetrain.
      Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

You know, a Datsun Roadster can be found in that range, relatively complete. They readily accept lots of modern motors and you won’t get the heat that Lotus owners would give you.

Last edited by 2mAn; 01-04-2020, 02:49 PM.
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Not expecting much at that price range as I intend to install a new frame, drive train and shell. Just buying the VIN to make registering the car for the streets a little easier.

Comment

How about an Esprit?

Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
            X