1988 BMW 325i M50 Swap 5 Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 BMW 325i M50 Swap 5 Speed

For Sale: 1988 BMW 325i M50 5 speed swap for sale.

Excellent condition. Everything works.

Rebuilt M50 engine
    Getrag 5 speed
    3.73 limited slip differential
    Z3 quick ratio steering rack
    Sport seats
    Basketweave wheels
    Fresh Cirrus Blau paint
    New rear subframe bushings
    New rear trailing arm bushings
    New differential mount bushing
    X3 Power brake booster and master cylinder
    New a/c receiver/dryer
    E36 exhaust system with Z3 muffler
    Great A/C
    Cruise control
    New rear stabilizer bar links
    New rear shock absorber mounts
    All fluids changed: differential, Redline transmission fluid, synthetic engine oil, coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid
    Compression readings: 195,190,196,195,195,210 psi
    New starter
    New battery
    Rebuilt alternator
    New front balljoints
    New front and rear sway bar bushings

New front sway bar links
    New front control arm bushings

New radiator and heater hoses
    (Mostly) Crack free dash
    Rebuilt SI Board in the Instrument Cluster

This is a really nice driving car but I'm ready to move on to my next adventure. The car is in Indianapolis, but that can be easily changed.

$9900

Here's a few more pictures:

Comment

glws! really pretty build

Comment

I am underwhelmed by the lack of response to this post. Anyone have some suggestions on how to make this more appealing to the market?

Comment

Originally posted by theroundcow View Post
          glws! really pretty build
          Looks nice! Maybe mention the mileage on the engine and chassis, also, in the first batch of pics there's a sport seat but in the 2nd batch there are comfort seats. -not sure if other's had picked up on that. GLWS!

Comment

You're right about the comfort seat picture. I had a spare comfort seat in that car for about two days and managed to take pictures during that time. I need to get a better picture of both sport seats.

Comment

Give it some time. A swapped sedan is an odd duck, but theres odd people out there who would want this.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'll try to be patient. I'm just getting antsy because my latest acquisition will be here soon, and I don't have enough garage space for both of them.

Here are a few more pictures showing the sport seats, MTech steering wheel and the (mostly ) crackfree dash:
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi, new to the forum, and curious about your car. Brace yourself, I've got many questions.
                  About what MPG are you getting with it? As far as everything working, even oil change computer in dash, trip computer, etc.? Any grinding of tranny, differential or tranny whine? Any error lights in the dash on? All power features work? Any leaks of any kind? Miles on chassis and engine?
                  Is the title in hand? Any rust, accidents? What did you mean that the location could be easily changed? Willing to drive some to meet, or just that the location will change after the sale?
                  Sorry for the barrage of questions!

I just may be an odd enough duck for your car.... :o)
                  Last edited by Luigino; 08-27-2020, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Let me try to answer your questions as best that I can. If you need more info, please call me at 317-515-7641:

Driving around town, I am getting about 22 mpg. I haven't checked the mileage on any of the short trips I've taken.

Almost everything on the car works. Here are the exceptions:
                    The Service Indicator lights work, but I haven't figured out how to reset them.
                    The On Board Computer works. I sometimes have trouble setting the date after the battery has been disconnected.
                    The Check engine light works, but I disconnected it because I can't reset it. It is probably "on" for the same reason I can't reset the Service Indicator lights.
                    The MPG meter works, but it is inaccurate.

The transmission does not grind. It shifts smoothly.

The limited slip differential works smoothly, with no noise.

The power windows work.

The power mirrors work.

The horn and windshield washers work.

Yesterday when I checked, the garage floor was dry. No fluids of any kind.

I have a clean title for the car.

The only rust on this car was under the battery. It used to have a quarter sized hole. It was repaired with a welded metal patch before the painting began.

I don't know how many miles are on this vehicle. The title says "Exempt" in the mileage block. The odometer says 55,000 miles, but I'm sure that's wrong. The engine was reported to me as "Rebuilt" before I bought it. The compression figures and the condition of the valves when viewed with the intake manifold off support this. The valves were clean, with no carbon on them.

I don't have any accident history on this vehicle. The VIN numbers that are shown on the body panels all match the VIN number on the dashboard. No accidents have occurred during my ownership.

I will be happy to assist with getting this vehicle to you. It's such a nice driving car, that I would meet you halfway. Are you in North Carolina?
                    Last edited by twright; 08-28-2020, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the information. Does the sunroof work? any leaks?
                      Hmm I wonder how to get the service indicators to work, it would be good to make use of the sensors in the engine to make life easier for driver use. I assume the thermostat is connected and working?

I live in South Carolina.

Thanks again for your time!

Comment

The sunroof works. No leaks.

The Service Indicators probably work. I just can't figure out how to reset them.

The thermostat is connected and working.

Comment

There is a BMW specific tool that attaches to a plug in the engine compartment on the old engine that resets it. Do you know if the new engine ecu is connected to the old reminders?

When would you be available to talk today by phone?

Comment

I am available right now or after 1:00 pm eastern time.

Comment

I can call a little after one

Comment

Working...
                              X