Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD - MA Shaw E30 Carbon Fiber Hood $1150

MA Shaw E30 Carbon Fiber Hood - $1150

This is a real carbon fiber hood, not a plastic eBay hood with carbon fiber graphics. It was made by MA Shaw in Santa Ana, California. The hood weighs in at around 12 lbs versus the OEM hood weight of about 45 lbs. It has compression bonded edges with a special urethane core construction for light rigid parts. Factory style liners, with hardened steel threaded inserts for attaching hinges and latches. .

As soon as the hood arrived, I sent it off to be professionally clear coated to protect it from UV discoloring. The installed hood emblem is OEM from BMW. The clear coating cost $500 alone. The hood itself was $1150 plus $100 shipping.

Only notable blemish is pictured on the passenger side corner. This is not visible from the top of the hood.

I am willing to ship at the buyers expense. For shipping I will deliver the hood to the carrier of the buyers choice for packaging, and shipment. Local pick up is welcome. Located in Chattanooga, TN 37405

Link to additional higher resolution photos:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aude7UQpL4W_sVpq...voERu?e=1u19La

Link to the MA Shaw website:

Attached Files
    Last edited by ajames99; 02-11-2022, 11:56 AM.

Location?

CFRP In the frame structure?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Thanks for the note on the location. It's in Chattanooga TN 37405. I updated the post as well.

As far as the CFRP question, I would assume so, but that would be a question for MA Shaw. I will say after having owned several of these, and their doors, they make very high quality components.

Comment

I am in Kentucky, so not to far away..

PM'D

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
        X