Price Check: 4.27 Torsen 188MM diff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Check: 4.27 Torsen 188MM diff

Just a sanity check because I've been out of the parts game for a bit. I have a 188MM medium case Torsen 4.27 diff out of a 2000 Z3. I believe its a lower mileage factory replacement as it still has a barcode parts sticker on top. What's a fair price?
    "Broke into the wrong God damn rec room, didn't ya you bastard!"

$450 is a “good value” price in todays market, but you could get up to $650.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

wow prices have really gotten absurd. I'm looking for a quick sale, so i'll probably list on the lower end.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugbyfan View Post
        wow prices have really gotten absurd. I'm looking for a quick sale, so i'll probably list on the lower end.
        For some reason I don’t perceive a $450 diff as “absurd”. There are less parts available, the average E30 owner makes significantly more now than they did 5 years ago, and the demand is a lot higher. Most rare, old, limited slips in other, similar markets are a thousand bucks. I assume that is where these will get to in a few years, specifically for harder to find ratios. Torsen units maybe less so, though.

The dynamic of ownership has changed as well. Folks are picking up 1-2 nice cars and enjoying them over a longer period of time, vs the cheap E30 game of buying a new one every few months. In regards to this it also make sense that folks would be willing to spend more on something they feel that they are adding value to.
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

All valid points. I guess in the grand scheme of things a diff for $450 is pretty cheap. I just miss the days of seeing several e30’s in the junkyard and parts being cheap. But it has been quite a few years.

Comment

For those of us who have been into e30s a long time, I think we all miss those days :). I’m struggling to find seats for my coupe project at anything like a reasonable price.
            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
            X