No announcement yet.

Steering Column Tilt kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump this up, have had a lot of interest in these lately, words getting out!
    - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
    Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

I have noticed that the wheel is a bit more tilted up/back than I might like, being that I am 5'10" and prefer keeping my seat in a low position. The top of the airbag juuust about blocks my view from the row of warning lights in the cluster.

I have been under the column but not noticed how this would work - any installation photos? I'm also curious where the 1" drop is measured from - mount vs. wheel.

Critically though, does it work with airbag cars, and any anecdotes from those with E36 rack (I recall some having to grind the u-joint for binding)?

Comment

You are the same height as me, and I have a low seat position as well. The 1" drop works great for my application.

Basically you stick this piece in between the column and the column mount and use new hardware, it just drops it down from the stock location. Still mounts to the stock mounting point too. The 1" is measured from the mount at the column, the spacer is 1", thus the 1" drop. It drops the wheel by a little more than an inch.

I am still not sure if it works with airbag cars or not, I really think it should and I dont see a reason why it wouldnt. I currently have an e36 steering rack in my car and I have no issues with binding whatsoever

Comment

Yo dawg I need one of your fabulous tilt kits

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

Text me then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

just wanted to thank you for the kit....i may have tightened them too much though since the adapter is thin it seemed to bow out ( ) vs [ ] boxed. should be fine though since I'm shorter than you guys it works out pretty well actually lol. thanks again!
              89 325i 4dr s52
              02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
              21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Great product! Great seller! Highly recommend this product, and this seller!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

4 years old i know - still doing these? thanks
                  '89 E30 Touring, '85 911 3.2 Coupe, '89 GB500, '96 XR400

Comment

Originally posted by mxtx View Post
                    4 years old i know - still doing these? thanks
                    Sorry but these are no longer being made

Comment

Working...