Lookin 4 some adjustable camber plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin 4 some adjustable camber plates

Would prefer GC or IE not big on the BMPD ones.
    Originally posted by 325Projectz
    don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
    :nice:

http://flyingbrickperformance.com/ca...6478e6d0525622
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

everything is sold out

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Shame, I just sold my IE camber plates in brand new never used condition (in the box) for $125 less than I paid.

Comment

The store is not fully up and running yet, go to the home page and it has details.
          Originally posted by e30evolution
          everything is sold out

Comment

Originally posted by e30evolution
            everything is sold out
            Sorry, I've been slowly updating the store to reflect availability by each vendor. I've updated a number of suspension products from IE and these are now available for purchase.
            Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Tryin to find some for around 200 i can use with the setup I got.Do those on your site HAVE to be used with coil overs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS
                Tryin to find some for around 200 i can use with the setup I got.Do those on your site HAVE to be used with coil overs?
                There are 2 types we currently sell. One is for racing and has no bushing material (i.e., they're solid mounts with spherical bearings). If you're going to use this car on the street and you don't intend to do any track events or autoX, I would not suggest these. These will not work properly without the use of coilovers.

The others are for street use and can be used with the existing strut bearing. I would recommend these if you are going to use the car on the street regularly.

Given your price range, the second option is recommended, especially if you're not running coilovers and the springs/shock combo are based on a stock configuration.

I've opened the store up for these so take a look around and let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS
                  By the way, what is your current setup? Springs, shocks, sways, wheel diameter and width, and most importantly, what are you doing with this car outside of daily driving?

Comment

Originally posted by modifiede30
                    By the way, what is your current setup? Springs, shocks, sways, wheel diameter and width, and most importantly, what are you doing with this car outside of daily driving?
                    Car has been lowered 1.25" ,on tokico shocks and springs already ordered some 17X7 wheels on ebay, as far as sways all stock just replaced it all (drop links,ties.rack,c arms,etc.) My intent for this is to get the ailignment staightened out. The tire shop told be my stut towers have settled over time and they would have to slot them to get the camber right. I decided not to do that and since have dropped the car which put my camber out more.so I ordered the offset bushings and am looking for some plates ta dial it back in to spec. I just drive the car to work and sometimes to Dallas. (But better handling is always nice:D)

Comment

Go with the street version. They will use the stock strut mounts, and will allow you to adjust camber back to stock settings. They are also much less expensive than the racing plates. How much adjustment do you need to get from the camber plates you buy?

Comment

1 or 2 degrees mabey 3. Not real sure haven't takin it in for an alignment since the susp work.

Comment

Unfortunately, the street plates we sell only allow about 1.25 degrees negative and .25 positive. I don't sell the ones that you might really need. They are made by RTRS, Inc. (who went out of business) but I believe that another place also sells a similar product. You can find these listed in the Roundel advertisements. If you can't, I know I've seen them in the local chapter magazine and I can give you the information. These are simple aluminum plates that bolt to the top of your existing strut bearing, and can slide inside the strut tower. I can't recall how much adjustment you can get positive, but I was able to get 3 degrees negative from them. You might be able to turn them around to get positive camber but I'm unsure.

Comment

well i'll probly get the street plates from you if you can set up a ebay auction for me. 1.25 should probly get me close to where i need to be.

Comment

You can get an extra .5 either direction by ussing the factory Crash upper mounts.

Comment

Working...
                              X