No announcement yet.

NEW V2 c.c turbo kit+Bolt-on M20 turbo Kit by Kamotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only stock some of the harder to get parts but it takes about 2 weeks for everything to get shipped out.

7speedshop.com

Comment

makes me want to get a e30 so that I can then boost it :D
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I will openly admit i dont know much about turbo, except its cheaper than doing a full swap. I would want to get a moderate level of boost but not at the expense of reliability or longevity of my engine. Is your basic package setup that way or would i need to tune it down (if that makes sense)?

Thanks

Comment

the internal wastegate setup is set to about 15psi, but I can supply lower psi springs if the customer wants less boost.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I am interested in this kit. Once I get my finances sorted out after my tax return I may be able to swing this.

I would definitely be going the route to keep AC. It gets hot as hell in FL.
            Outside of your package. How much additional funds would you believe is necessary to finish the project. For ex. studs, gaskets, gauges, etc.
            98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post
              I am interested in this kit. Once I get my finances sorted out after my tax return I may be able to swing this.

I would definitely be going the route to keep AC. It gets hot as hell in FL.
              Outside of your package. How much additional funds would you believe is necessary to finish the project. For ex. studs, gaskets, gauges, etc.
              head studs are about 225. Talk to kam, Im sure he can add those in for the extra cost but at least you get everything at once

Head gasket 30

gauges depend on what you get/ want, ebay ones are $20 and they can go to $100+. depends on brand. Boost gauge is needed.

Wideband gauge is needed to help with tuning. Innovate has them for $150 on ebay.

Then exhaust but that will differ depending on what you want and if you can do it yourself. It says kam can do downpipes for an extra cost.

Comment

Im sure this has been addressed at some point, but another thing that would really help my decision making is a dyno graph. I would love to see the power curve.

Also, what would you estimate gas mileage is? ...lets say highway travel rather than flogging around town.

I think i read the answer is yes somewhere, but with this kit do you get to keep ABS, PS etc? are you forced out of any of those type accessories?

EDIT: o yea, one other thing. A 3.73lsd diff does not seem like it would be long enough for this much power. OP recommends X.XX?
                Last edited by randomtask37; 01-24-2014, 05:28 AM.
                98 M3/4/5

Comment

EDIT: o yea, one other thing. A 3.73lsd diff does not seem like it would be long enough for this much power. OP recommends X.XX?[/quote]

I knew a kid here in CT that ran a 3.73 lsd in his car and it seemed fine from the ride he took me on... 0-100 in like 4 secs.... and he wasn't going crazy shifting fast.

Comment

I run a 3.15 torsen in my car as well as Peattie, and theblik. Kam has a 3.73 if Im not mistaken.

Comment

I guess a 3.15 might be ok, but I had complaints about lack of low-end torque/acceleration with my 5.0l v8 when I still had my 2.93, but then again I do track my car.

I guess a 2.93 or whatever would be good for a highway monster, but I just don't see that being fun if you're tracking the car, especially on tracks with lower speed corners.

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post
                        Im sure this has been addressed at some point, but another thing that would really help my decision making is a dyno graph. I would love to see the power curve.

Also, what would you estimate gas mileage is? ...lets say highway travel rather than flogging around town.

I think i read the answer is yes somewhere, but with this kit do you get to keep ABS, PS etc? are you forced out of any of those type accessories?

EDIT: o yea, one other thing. A 3.73lsd diff does not seem like it would be long enough for this much power. OP recommends X.XX?
                        I can upload some virtual dyno results on my safe tune that I did for Matt Farah. I honestly get 18mpg pretty easily, on freeway 100 mile trip with a 3.15 I managed about 23mpg. this comes down to the tune. When I first boosted and wasnt tuned to well I think i didnt even get 15mpg.

diff choice is upto you, this turbo gets full boost in first even with a 3.73.

7speedshop.com

Comment

What's up with the hp figure flat-lining after 5k? Not enough flow or something?

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                            What's up with the hp figure flat-lining after 5k? Not enough flow or something?
                            boost tapers down if you look below the graph, this is what makes a flat curve. Normally after 5k power is to drop down but with my myster-e head it breathes quite well up there. HP curve virtually mimics my boost curve
                            Last edited by kamotors; 01-24-2014, 12:36 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Yeah who doesn't want to hit and keep peak power like that? Looking good!

Comment

So more pics:) Getting close to shipment date for my first buyer.
                                You guys are getting a LOT of parts.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X