• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance youd sell the MS?

Comment

Originally posted by dubseven View Post
      Any chance youd sell the MS?
      Sorry man, trying to keep it all together. Hit up whodwho on here, he is the one that does them. I got mine from him. Even if I were to sell mine, it would be for pretty close to what he charges. Good guy.
      E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

bump
        E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Ever think about refurbishing the kit (polish,powder coat, replacing hardware etc.)? Might be more appealing for someone to spend the 6k. Just my 2
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 808e30325i View Post
            Ever think about refurbishing the kit (polish,powder coat, replacing hardware etc.)? Might be more appealing for someone to spend the 6k. Just my 2
            I have, and you make a good point. I saw two problems with that though. First it would cost about a grand, lets say, to get it refurbished. In which case, I'd rather just sell the kit for a grand less and have someone refurbish it the way they want. The price is negotiable after all. And the second is, if I refurbish it I may end up convincing myself to keep it... haha.
            E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Lol, good points!
              sigpic

Comment

Well, time to save up lol

Comment

Was there A/C on the vehicles?

Comment

I still want this. The bumps do not help. A very special piece in automotive history.
                    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by Big swifty View Post
                      Was there A/C on the vehicles?
                      Sorry for the late reply. Yes the vehicles had A/C.

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                      I still want this. The bumps do not help. A very special piece in automotive history.
                      Hahah... then stop doing responsible things with your money! :)
                      E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

I would but then I'd love in a van down by the river...

A dinan turbo van...down by the river.

Lemme think about it.

Comment

I saw this when you first posted it,but it's somehow more interesting today

Silly question perhaps, but did Dinah design this to go on a stock b25 long block or are there certain upgrades that need to or should be done ?
                          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                          Alice the Time Capsule
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Hey Jeff! Sorry for the delay man. Not a silly question at all. The kit is designed specifically for the stock b25 long block. No upgrades are needed. The only modification needed to make it all work, is one of the turbo oil lines needs to be tapped either into the oil pan or the block itself. Dinan drilled toward the rear of the block just above the oil pan.
                            E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

I have a similar install of the 'Dinan Turbo System'

This is in an 1988 325iX.

With the car's paperwork is a fax from Dinan, circa 2006, that laid out three options for the then-owner of the car:

• 2.7 stroker motor, "This motor will make 220hp."
                              • 2.5 liter turbo motor, "This motor will make 300hp." (it refers to using a 'factory long block')
                              • 2.7l stroker/turbo motor, "This motor will make 350hp."

My takeaway is that Dinan was fine with putting the turbo system on a stock motor.

Comment

Dinan seems to stay stock with the customer offerings. It is what helps the product line maintain BMW's blessing and warranty.

My E34 Dinan 5, even kept the stock PCV. When I was in touch with their warranty department, I was assured Dinan never modified the stock system.... simply added off the shelf SC parts.

Now thry did stroke many motors. I spoke w/ a big brother of my Dinan 5: an E38 Dinan 7. That m60B40 was stroked to b44 specs but really, it was just what BMW was about to do, or maybe even doing, with that motor anyhow, no?

All that to say, really the turbo, the plumbing and electronic box (Dinantronics XX) should give you a Dinan turbo.

Sure you don't want any trades ? Talking myself into this thing....;D

Comment

Working...
                                X