Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW E30 Glovebox Flashlight Auxiliary Power Adapter - Available, updated old thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW E30 Glovebox Flashlight Auxiliary Power Adapter - Available, updated old thread

This thread is quite old, but I realized the information was incorrect. There is a new design for this available on my site -

E30Love - BMW glove box flashlight auxiliary power adapter - charge your phone, dash cam, radar, bluetooth, 12v accessories

Just in case anyone found this on Google, etc. please see that site. Thank you.

- CB

BMW E30 Glovebox Flashlight Auxiliary Multi-port Power Adapter

BMW Glove Box Flashlight Auxiliary Multi-port Power Adapter - E30 E36 E34 E28 + more

Do you have iPhone's, music players, radar detectors, gps units, and other portable electronics in your E30 or other classic BMW and are annoyed by the charging wires and clutter coming out of the center console? Do you need to power multiple devices at one time? Want a stealthier and cleaner cabin look?

Introducing - ?ePowercenter? - BMW glove box flashlight auxiliary power adapter

It connects to your original native flashlight dock - providing 12V accessory power for your devices inside your glovebox. Hide the wires entirely, or hide the mess and run your device cables from the stealthily located hidden port/s.

ePowercenter = 2 (1A) USB ports and 2 accessory ports, with thumb rotated on/off switch
    $34.99 USA shipped

This unit will work in any 80-90s era BMW model using the original white flashlight with female euro connectors. Please check your glove box for fitment. The flashlight port is located inside your glovebox on the upper left inside a recess.

Designed to Fit:
    3 Series - E21, E30, and E36.
    5 Series - E12, E28, and E34.
    6 Series - E24
    7 Series - E23 and E32
    E3 Series - 2500/2800/3.0

Three year, no hassle replacement warranty.
    Proudly hand assembled in Boston, MA.

Canada shipment - please add $7 US for postal fees

List Date: 9/28/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: BMW E30 Glovebox Flashlight Auxiliary Multi-port Power Adapter
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Last edited by cirrusblue; 07-29-2018, 08:23 PM. Reason: updated incorrect info

this is cool

Comment

Thanks rcsoundn1 - I made a few for friends and got used to not having wires all over. It's new, so hoping some folks give it a go. You get used to having more outlets pretty quickly :) Since the power in the glovebox isn't switched, there's a power switch and the unit has an LED that indicates it's charge availability.

Comment

Please put up some installed pictures on the vehicle. Thanks!

"Stand tall and shake the heaven."
        "Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens"

Comment

I'll get a pix in the glove box before tomorrow. Ultimately, it's a USB enhanced version of a BMW item that's now NLA. They don't make them any more and some guys on eBay are charging absurd prices for the few that are hanging around. Most folks want USB these days anyway mainly.

Comment

So the light inside the glovebox will no longer be on when we open it? This is plug and play? Any wiring to be done?

Comment

The glovebox light is unaffected, it will still work same as always. This is 100% plug and play - the terminals connect to the 2 flashlight terminals on the left side of your glovebox. You may not know they are there. Take closer look with a flashlight, or with adequate lighting and you'll see the two prongs. Most folks are missing the actual flashlight, and don't realize there is an empty connector there. If you have the flashlight - pull it out and plug this on the same terminals.

Comment

Some people asked for pix of the unit in the glovebox. This is how it looks. It has a red/amber LED that actually matches the E30 lights pretty well, and it's compact.

Comment

Ah okay, I see the ports now, I had no idea there was a factory flashlight there.

Looks like a quality product and definitely cleans up the interior of any wires. I'll be ordering one soon.

Comment

That's pretty cool

Comment

Thanks to the folks who ordered so far - btw - please PM to Paypal direct if you can or get via ebay listing. Either is good.

Panjo is dinging me 10% fee's on this which seems pretty high.

Comment

Cool product, I had no idea there was an empty port there.
                        sigpic
                        1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

PM Sent! (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instagram @prsvere88
                          Transaction Feedback

Comment

New batch available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New design available

FYI - I haven't updated this in a long time but a new version of this is available.

BMW euro clocks, adapters, OBC, power chargers, custom pedal pads, unique custom parts and items for enthusiasts

E30Love - BMW glove box flashlight auxiliary power adapter - charge your phone, dash cam, radar, bluetooth, 12v accessories

There are 2 versions, 1 for E30's and 1 for newer BMW's.
                              Please see that if you are still looking.

Comment

Working...
                              X