Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level Motorsport 24v Upgraded Engine Arm - No Longer Available

Level Motorsport 24v Upgraded Engine Arm

Hello folks. After several years in business I'm just starting to get some time to make some "production parts" to send out into the E30 community. This is my first offering, so stay tuned for more cool stuff in the future.

I currently have 5 "factory replacement" steel passenger side engine arms. All are hand made by me using 3/16 plate and .120 wall DOM tube. They are fully TIG welded, powder coated black, and come with new hardware for mounting and for your engine ground (grade 10.9).

I started building these after myself, and several of my customers, broke the aluminum factory arms off where they bolt to the block. I've seen these failures on 24v swapped street driven cars, track, and drift cars using 75D poly, Delrin, and aluminum bushings. When they sheer completely the damage is usually pretty bad because that side of the engine drops until something stops it (skid plate, subframe, shock tower, oil pan hitting the road, etc).

I'm offering these first 5 at a special price to be sure that everyone likes the design and are happy with fitment. I tested them on cars with stock exhaust manifolds, typical Ebay Supersprint replicas, and the Raceland long tubes, which have larger primaries. The first 5 are $100 shipped, and after that the full production models will go to $128 shipped.

Please respond below with questions, comments, or suggestions, and please PM me if you are interested in purchasing (don't use Panjo please).

Thanks for looking! Rocco @levelmotorsport

List Date: 10/23/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Level Motorsport 24v Upgraded Engine Arm
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Last edited by RoccoB517; 10-23-2016, 04:32 PM.
    sigpicLevel Motorsport: www.levelmotorsport.com

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/levelmotorsport/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeVelIndustries/?fref=ts

nice welds. are these angled the same as stock, or to align with the e30 subframe angle?
    cars beep boop

Comment

These are an exact replacement for the factory arms, so you still need a swap mount with them. I did it that way for a couple reasons. First, so the E36 guys can use them as well. Second, typically the mounts are sold in pairs, and I'm only doing an arm for the one side for now. I am considering offering a pair of arms that will accept standard E30 engine mounts in the future, but I want to see if there is even interest in these first.

Bolt up tubed core support replacement is getting priority before that, though.

Thanks for the question.

Comment

I'm interested , but would rather get a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GG///M3 View Post
          I'm interested , but would rather get a set.

Thanks for the feedback. Since the arms breaking on the left side of the car doesn't seem to happen I figured it was a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. I also wanted to keep the cost reasonable, as a set of two would be, well, double the price. However, if people want pairs I would be happy to create an arm for the left side and make them to order.

Comment

I'll take one!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice, looks like some high quality work! There is definitely a need for this. I broke an m50 arm with a stock m50 and rubber mounts.

I'm excited to see the rest of your upcoming products. The tubed core support sounds great.
              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
              e30 restoration and V8 swap
              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Looks like someone didn't sleep through shop class. Really nice work.

Comment

I think a pair of arms to use the stock M20 mounts would better because the stock mounts are cheaper and easier to source. Just my .02

Comment

Im interested, since Ive already broken one and plan to begin tracking my car I think this would be good insurance
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone. Those of you who said you wanted one got a PM. If you didn't, let me know.

I'm looking at this as a reasonably priced, practical solution to a problem, and I was originally apprehensive to make a pair considering they would be expensive for a pair when one isn't really fixing anything. I will continue to offer the single replacement for now, and will plan on building and offering an option of purchasing a left side arm a la carte in the future. So, feel free to get one of these now if you like, and know that if you want to complete the set down the line.

Once again, thanks for the comments, interest, and support!

Comment

replacing a weak point usually doesn't eliminate it, it moves it around. it's a hard game to win.. fix the passenger side arm, the driver one will start to crack. fix that, the subframe mounting points will start to go. at least with both arms and a reinforced subframe, you'll be good for a while. I might be in for a set of 2 down the line.. got a track car that needs em.

also, it might be cleaner-looking, more convenient and easier to fab if you weld a bolt to the arm for the ground instead of a tab with a hole and a loose bolt.
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Id be in for a pair as well. The are so visible in the bay its an atheistic thing for me...

Don't forget the power steering reservoir bolt holes ;)

Comment

I hear you all loud and clear. I will work on a left side arm as soon as possible to make a complete pair. I'll go on selling them separately, so if you want one of these you'll be able to add on the other side at a later date with no price penalty, or you can just wait and get both at the same time if that suits you.

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            replacing a weak point usually doesn't eliminate it, it moves it around. it's a hard game to win.. fix the passenger side arm, the driver one will start to crack. fix that, the subframe mounting points will start to go. at least with both arms and a reinforced subframe, you'll be good for a while. I might be in for a set of 2 down the line.. got a track car that needs em.

also, it might be cleaner-looking, more convenient and easier to fab if you weld a bolt to the arm for the ground instead of a tab with a hole and a loose bolt.
                            I understand, but I do know that TRM, for instance, has been supplying a steel passenger side arm for bottom mount turbo clearance with great success. I believe in chasing the weak points until they stop popping up, and I can say from my personal experience of frequently going up on two wheels, hitting gator strips at 100+ mph, and having the front end completely leave the racing surface, that I have broken several stock arms on the passenger side and never on the driver, and now that I have switched and beaten on the car with the steel one in place I am still feeling confident that replacing the one side is a good solution for 99% of people who drive their swaps hard. That being said, I will absolutely offer a left side arm as well.

My original plan was to use a stud instead of a tab/bolt, but the powder coating places want an additional $5/piece to tape the threads for blasting/coating. I didn't feel that was worth it. The bolt supplied for the ground is a 10.9 in the same dimensions as the mounting bolts for the engine arms. I did that so that if, for some reason, you ended up vibrating a bolt loose from the block and losing it or something like that you would have an extra right there. The nut is also a nice oval lock nut so the ground won't come loose. The tab is also located over the mount so that the ground cable is not up under the headers as it is with the stock mounting point, so that should at least extend the life of your engine ground.

Comment

It is my understanding that the aluminum motor arms are not designed to be re-used. They are designed to break in the event of an impact. Much like Mercedes break-away motor mounts. I've been tracking my car for 5 years now with solid aluminum mounts and brand new arms with zero problems.

Before I learned this i was breaking both driver and passenger side mounts. I don't feel that either side is more susceptible to breaking than the other. Just don't re-use mounts. They aren't that expensive to buy new.

The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X