Custom Tail Light Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Tail Light Service

I have tinted and customized various tail lights over the years and recently did a set of all red tail late model tail lights for my E30. I posted pictures in my build thread and had some interest from other members in having me replicate what I did on their tail lights. I was hesitant at first because I am a perfectionist and only wanted to be able to provide a service if it met my own standards. I decided I would oblige and just completed a set for Stan (Staszek) who has an INCREDIBLE S54 swap E30 build thread going in the Projects forum. They turned out great and I am very happy with them. There was a guy that offered this service years ago but he seems to have disappeared. With that said, I have decided I would offer my services to other R3V members.

I am offering the following service to R3Vlimited members:

All tail light assemblies are washed, wet sanded, dried, masked, painted with transparent paint, clear coated, wet sanded, polished, and sealed with a high quality paint sealant.

All Red Late Model Tail Lights
    $150 for the tint/clear service on your lights. You pay shipping both ways.
    -----
    $450 shipped for a set of new OEM late model tail lights with tint/clear service.

All Red Early Model Tail Lights
    $150 for the tint/clear service on your lights. You pay shipping both ways.

* I do not currently keep an inventory of new and used OEM tail lights on hand. All jobs are custom and I ask that you allow 2 weeks upon receipt of your tail lights to complete the service and provide you a return shipping tracking number.

Untitled by Austin Graner, on Flickr
    Last edited by Bimmerguy91; 10-19-2018, 10:44 AM.

I think you will get quite a few orders. Ever since Blueapplesoda went MIA a couple years ago quite a few people have been looking for someone to provide this service.

I have an extra set in my attic that I would be interested in having done. Now I just have to figure out all red or MHW.
    1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
    1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
    September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
    Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Is it possible for you to get something close to the startec look on early model tail lights? Ive always loved the look of them but I'm not sure if it's doable with just tinting or if you would have to make the entire lens new out of different material to achieve the look.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by willfill View Post
        Is it possible for you to get something close to the startec look on early model tail lights? Ive always loved the look of them but I'm not sure if it's doable with just tinting or if you would have to make the entire lens new out of different material to achieve the look.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
        Maybe somebody else can chime in here but I have looked at that a little bit and I really don't think so. The early model Startec lights look like they are more than just smoked. I haven't ever seen a set in person though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
          I think you will get quite a few orders. Ever since Blueapplesoda went MIA a couple years ago quite a few people have been looking for someone to provide this service.

I have an extra set in my attic that I would be interested in having done. Now I just have to figure out all red or MHW.
          I kind of thought the same thing. If I can help out some fellow enthusiasts and also help fund my BMW habit then why not?

Comment

How much would MHW style run? I'd be interested. You just need to keep doing this for a while as I'm in middle of another project

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
            '91 318is
            sigpic

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by sandrune View Post
                How much would MHW style run? I'd be interested. You just need to keep doing this for a while as I'm in middle of another project

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                I'll PM you.

Comment

I cant wait to get mine, they looked awesome from the pics. I am glad you are offering this to the board. I will post more pics when they come in.
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Can i ask what product youre using? What's the longevity expected to be like and what do you finish the procedure with is it wet sanded and buffed or is it just spray clear coat or what

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post
                      Can i ask what product youre using? What's the longevity expected to be like and what do you finish the procedure with is it wet sanded and buffed or is it just spray clear coat or what
                      The color is VHT and then I use a urethane clear. The finish is wet sanded, polished and sealed with Jescar Powerlock Plus. There is a full description in the original post. I don't want to make claims to longevity as there are a lot of variables. They should last a very long time. On a car that is parked in a garage and stays waxed should last indefinitely. A car that sits outside in Arizona 24/7 365 days a year will probably have a shortened life. You need to maintain a level of paint protection via either wax, polymer sealant or ceramic coating on the lights like you would your paint. If you do that you will not have problems!

Comment

Hey there, is it possible for you to do all red with lightly smoked reverse lights?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                          Hey there, is it possible for you to do all red with lightly smoked reverse lights?
                          Yeah I can do that, no problem at all. PM me if you're interested.

Comment

Bump! Almost finished with a set of all red new OEM late model lights for a member.

Comment

Looks like a great service!

I'll let you know in a couple months when I need mine done :)

Comment

Working...
                              X