No announcement yet.

BBK for e30 318/325s, e30 M3s and e36 M3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great! Thanks for the mock ups. Ill have to check and see if the mock ups will fit behind my new wheels. Really the only difference between the race kit and the street kit is the hats are deeper? Can you send me a mock up for the race kit as well?

Josh K

Comment

Hi Josh.

I sent you both mock-ups already. As for the difference of depth, because the street kit uses a narrower rotor, the caliper's face is 11.2mm more inward. Brackets are the same. And obviously hats are 11.2mm deeper and calipers are a different model to accomodate the thinner disc.

I hope it helps.
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Josh when ever you get your rims, you should try them on my car, if they clear my calipers, they will probally clear the massive kit.
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Kits also available for the e36 and e46 chassis. All kits include the caliper mounts, fasteners, fittings. Parts are anodized clear, yellow or Gun Metal.

e30 race kit pictured below - $450usd/$510cdn for installation package - Calipers/discs extra.
          street kit (thinner discs/11mm more clearance) coming soon - $500usd/$570cdn.

Brackets have adjustments allowing 11.75" discs as well as 12" ones. 11.75" pictured.
          Perfect fit in pad location and caliper offset. 0.1mm accuracy.

Yes I know, the bleeders are upside. That was just for the photo

e30 M3 rear kit. Stock rear discs vs Massive kit. Rear kit available soon for e36 chassis too.

Rear e30 M3 kit installed. Those 12.2" x 1.25" discs in the back are wider than any front rotors on any BMW. They also are bigger in diameter than most front ones.

Front and rear e30 M3.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

hot damn, those are some nice looking brake kits. i will have to pick up a set once i learn how to drive my car on a track. BUMP^
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Ooo, I like. I think I found my next project
              sigpic

Comment

Massive Brake kits are available in Silver, Gold and Dark Grey anodizing (13" x 1.25" e30 M3 front kit in Silver and Gold test photoshoot showed below). e30 318-325 race kits are shipping on Monday. Got delayed by two weeks as some fasteners were back order. Sorry about that.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Hi Lee,

I am currently in discussion with couple of wheel companies to have a set of custom 16x8 or 16x9 wheels made for my TRACK ONLY E30.
                  No matter which wheel I decide on, it will be build around a BBK.
                  So I have a very important question for you, please answer.

When making your kit, do you take into consideration brake bias/balance,
                  If so, are there any changes with your set-up?
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello Gleb.

Many things will offset brake balance: suspension stiffness (less weight transfer on stiff suspended car), pad size, pad compounds difference from front to rear, hydraulic pressure of the caliper (stock to kit) and disc size. I can only address two points with the Massive kits: caliper selection (proper size of pistons) and disc size. On the first one: picking calipers with 1.38" pistons will be very close to stock hydraulic pressure. I previously wrote a whole explanation somewhere else on this same website, in the Brake/suspension forum. Picking a caliper with the same piston area will ensure you get the same pedal travel and pressure the car had originally as well as the same hydraulic bias. If I remember, I ended up within a few % of stock. Obviously, with the larger rotors (11.75" vs 10.25") you must expect more braking power up front. Will people feel a major difference on the street? Not much. Will the car feel better on a track? Yup, you will regain the control of your velocity. Much stronger and more constant braking, lap after lap. Obviously, the braking caracteristic also depends on your pads. Which is why some people prefer Hawks Blue over PF97, or Grand Sport over Carbotech XP10.

You mention that you will have 16" specially built for you, are you sure it is the right choice to go with 16"? There is no R-Compounds to fit that wheel and the car: 225.50.16 is too tall. Either get 15" wheels (225.50.15) or 17" (235.40.17 rubber).

As close as I can get to stock balance, a track car will still require a bias valve to get that last % of tuning. If there is sufficient demand, I can even produce a 13" x 1.25" kit for the e30, but that will require at least 4 orders and 17" wheels such as Team Dynamics' Pro-Race.

Please let us know more. The e30 definitively needs more brake. Stockers suck.

Email me if you need a profile of the 11.75" x 1.25" race kit to test against your wheels.
                    Last edited by Massive Lee; 11-15-2006, 03:08 PM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Thank you, Lee, very informative, I will pas the info to my techs.
                      The car will be equipped with Turner Motorsport J-stock susp.
                      The reason I am going to 16x8 or 16x9 is the width of available tires, with 15" there are very few companies that make wide 235, 245 and up tires.
                      In the future my E30 will be around 240hp, so I am just trying to think ahead.
                      Last season I was using Carbotech pads and like them very much, but I am not married to them, are you saying that they will not work as well with your kit?
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Gleb.

Any pad from any manufacturer will work, as long as they use the 7420 pad shape. Everybody makes pads for this caliper. It is a standard in the industry. If you like Carbotech (XP9-XP10?), then stick with it. The only thing I hate about that brand is that very often I have to grind the edges of the pads so that they fit in the caliper. That is because they look like they are eyeballed when bonded on the backing plate. Never two pads are alike.

Is Raven building your car?

If you run 235 or 245 rubber, may I suggest that you use either 8,5" rims for the 235, or 9" for the 245. Look at the picture. Same 235 rubber. On the left with a 9" rim, on the right with a 8.5" rim. You can see that 235 is stretched on 9" rim while it sits perfect on the 8.5", but for 245 Hoosiers, then the 9" rim is perfect.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

LOL, you are right about Carbotechs in that regard, I forgot what "normal" pads look like.

I did talk to John Dimoff from Raven about a full cage, but his price is about $1000 more then O'Brien Motorsports, so am still thinking/looking around.

I am seriously considering 8.5" wide rims too, anything from 235 to 255 should fit fine.

As for the engine, tranny and diff, I am strongly leaning towards Metric Mechanics. I've researched the subject a lot and had a very long conversation with Jim Rowe, so once body, susp. and braking is sorted out, I will most likely go for the 3200 Rally engine, ZF tranny and LSD, all from MM.
                          Yes, I know, for the money I am going to spend I could buy 2 E30 M3s, but I just love my car to death. :-D
                          sigpic

Comment

It is going out of topic and perhaps we should start another thread about your mechanicals in that car. Remember that back in the days (1977) the m20 was a major improvement over the M10 Tii engine. But that was 30 years ago. The m20 will brake rocker arms like you crunch pop-corn. It is not a safe and reliable choice for racing. For much cheaper than a built M20, you can get an e36 M3 motor that is stock and solid as a tank. Just my 02 cents...

Also, even though I have never been a fan of John at Raven (but that is only a BMW Club feud), I have to respect his work as his cages are top notch and of a very high standard. I do not know about the other cage builder. Do you have any link?

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I know what you mean;-) , but he does make a good cage.

There is no website for O'Brien, but here is his bus.# 416-803-1284, the guy's name is Roland.
                              sigpic

Comment

Still working on the website. Spent the whole day shooting pictures of the kits. here are a few, just to wet your appetite.

Welcome to the Massive website

e30 318-325 Race kit - Built for Superlite calipers, but Dynalite will work too.

e36/e46 kit

e30 m3 front and rear

Studio shots of the 2002, Tii and e21 kits coming next week. Thanks for the bandwidth.
                                Last edited by Massive Lee; 11-25-2006, 07:19 PM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Working...
                                X