No announcement yet.

Cantaloupe Radio Bluetooth Retrofit Kits for the CM5908 radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine last night! Detailed instructions with large colored photos should make it a breeze to install. I hope to have it done tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mike36; 03-20-2018, 12:55 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Ever get a chance to throw those preconfigured units up on EBay?

Comment

Are there units still available/are there pre-configured units available?

Comment

Ordered on Saturday, received and installed on Monday. Great instructions and customer service, super happy with it. I want to sit in my car listening to music even though the car won't have a running engine for the next month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. View Post
            Ever get a chance to throw those preconfigured units up on EBay?
            Originally posted by mmoyer11 View Post
            Are there units still available/are there pre-configured units available?
            The first pre-installed radio is now up for auction. Check out the ebay listing here.

Comment

Wow thats great, I was going to try and make something similar but this is dynamite!

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
              Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by nick_318is View Post
                Ordered on Saturday, received and installed on Monday. Great instructions and customer service, super happy with it.
                That's awesome.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Awesome product!
                  -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Got mine and installed it within a hour. Really good instructions and overall very nice product. So happy I get to select my own music, will make my 3:30 drive better tomorrow.
                    Build Thread
                    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                    Parts Thread
                    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Got mine installed today... such an awesome product!!!

My 1987 325e had a different wiring harness than shown in the directions, with a tail of wires that hang off and unclip about 12"s away, but the previous owners and taped and moved stuff around and I was afraid to undo what they had done so I made the hard choice to do the install in the car cabin, which was a chore. Also I had some stubborn screws that didn't want to come out. But in the end I was able to get it all working and it is so perfect and great. Clearly something was up with my cassette because when I used and adapter to play my phone there were crackles and pops but over the bluetooth the sound is so much better!

Figured out that if you don't want you antennae raising and lowering just don't connect the single white wire (with the black tip on the left in the first pic).

Stoked on this.

Comment

Glad you guys are enjoying it! I hate to be that guy, but an honest review on the now-public product page would be really helpful :)

And for anyone who hasn't installed theirs, I put up an installation video if that's more your thing.

Comment

"The radio isn't in the car...but lets pretend it is." Yes, doing a video in a car sucks.

I'm even more impressed after watching the install video, you really engineered the hell out of this. Hats off to you!
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Just installed mine and this thing rocks! I was sad at first since the cassette player had to be removed but it was on it's way out anyways so this product couldn't of come at a better time. One difference on my radio from the one posted in the video and instruction guide was a little circuit board above of the volume knob. I simply removed an extra screw and moved it to the side. I'm not sure which model I have but this didn't affect the install. As far the microphone, I popped off the swivel neck and stuffed the mic head into the little hole in the HVAC panel. It seemed to hold tight without putting any kind of adhesive. I'll check it in a month to see if its still in place. I made a phone calls and tested Siri out with it there and it seems to pick up my voice just fine. The blue tooth connectivity pairing is probably the easiest I've ever encountered. Highly recommend if you want an OEM Bluetooth radio.
                            Last edited by Mike36; 03-27-2018, 09:24 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jaysterling View Post
                              The first pre-installed radio is now up for auction. Check out the ebay listing here.
                              $470! Wow!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jaysterling View Post
                                And for anyone who hasn't installed theirs, I put up an installation video if that's more your thing.
                                Terrific video, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X