• Show
Clear All

Will you be making more?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      Will you be making more?
      Yes i will

Comment

i have a new batch of these for any of you who are interested in buying one.
        send $35 to silence8@aol.com and i'll stick it in the mail as soon as i can.
        thanks

Comment

i have many more deletes!

Comment

more info on this mod hard how does turning become? are we talking like you'll get a workout kart racing or more like just a bit heavier then usual?

Comment

Not at all like a Kart unless you are driving under 5mph, for example, parallel parking. All other times its as easy as if it had power steering. Benefits include increased HP, less weight, and increased room in the engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
                You would want to do this if you want your steering to be more responsive. It will give you more feedback from the car. The steering also feels a bit more responsive at higher speeds like it needs less effort to turn the car. The only time you feel "hard" steering is when you are moving under 5 miles per hour.
                Q. If the steering rack is still the same internally, how does removing the pump improve the responsivness and feel? Other than make the steering "stiffer" or "tighter" at low speeds?

I just want to understand how it improves it if the rack is still old 4.0 lock to lock e30 rack.... it still remains the same no? I do get how it cleans up the engine bay etc :)
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

It doesnt make the steering harder, it isnt hard to install and it cleans up the engine bay very nicely.

I can understand how it improves responsiveness because there isnt as much fluid being moved around. Instead of 2 quarts or so of fluid it only has half or less to move around inside the rack.

I have it and I like it. Combine this with the polyurethan steering coupler and the responsiveness is very nice even with the 4.0 lock to lock rack.

Taylor
                  Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                  Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                    Q. If the steering rack is still the same internally, how does removing the pump improve the responsivness and feel? Other than make the steering "stiffer" or "tighter" at low speeds?

I just want to understand how it improves it if the rack is still old 4.0 lock to lock e30 rack.... it still remains the same no? I do get how it cleans up the engine bay etc :)
                    THe original setup of the rack, with the pump and full ps fluid, gives the steering a certain vague and numbness that is hard to describe. I do know, that I and many others have felt an instant improvement in steering feel and responsiveness. When you are driving you get more feedback from the road and the tires. Its not filtered out by the powersteering. Yes you are right, your ratio will stay the same unless you upgrade your rack.
                    Let me know if you still have questions.

Comment

I have deletes ready to ship.

Comment

i know im kinda repeating the question, but everybody elses rack was working, mine took a shit and leaked all the liquid, so i took off the belt and the pump, i got another good rack but i didn't want to put everything else in.
                        would a Bad rack with no pump be the same or worse than a good rack with the PS delete.

Comment

You have monies

Comment

Originally posted by Faviolosky View Post
                            i know im kinda repeating the question, but everybody elses rack was working, mine took a shit and leaked all the liquid, so i took off the belt and the pump, i got another good rack but i didn't want to put everything else in.
                            would a Bad rack with no pump be the same or worse than a good rack with the PS delete.
                            It depends what you mean by a bad rack, if you have play in your tie-rods, and your rack is not smooth and precise, swap it for the better rack and install the delete on that one.

Originally posted by e30esque View Post
                            You have monies
                            THanks, i'll ship tomorrow.

Comment

Another delete shipped today

Comment

I am SERIOUSLY CONCIDERING THIS, but i have a few questions for you first.

i am replacing my stock 4.0 rack that leaks with a 95 M3 3.0 that has a leak where the steering shaft goes in (but all new boots inner/outer tie rods). will there be a bigger difference with the 3.0 rack VS the 4.0 (both without PS) at low speed turning?
                                i have a 914-6 w/o PS and did the loop delete on my itb golf so i have some idea what it will be like. i have never changed ratios along with the delete though.

do you know the size or part number for the non power steering v belt?

i will have to loose the PS stuff to mount the S/C and $30 beats the $80-ish for a rebuild kit so i can nail 2 birds with one conny
                                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X