No announcement yet.

Refurbishment Service for E30 ABS Pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I believe the diagnostic port is part of engine harness is completely separate from ABS circuit. Just wondering if anyone has done a functionality test on E30's ABS system.

Comment

The official website for the refurbishment service is live and ready! I have a bunch of pumps prebuilt, ready to ship and 18+ more already torn down, cleaned. processed and ready to build to order.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

15 Refurbished ABS pumps have now been set free into the wild.

Promotional pricing on these pumps left little to no actual profitability, and with all good things it must come to an end. Promotional pricing will hold through midnight 9/15/20, and then pricing is going up to a price point that affords me a modest margin on the units for the incredible amount of time and work that goes into each one.

Get one before the pricing increase goes through, and as always I'm still actively seeking good cosmetic condition cores for refurbishment!

Comment

Great seller! Ordered my unit on Sunday after three or four emails back and forth throughout the week. Each email was answered within 30 minutes or less which is pretty cool. Had my unit on Tuesday. Yes, the unit looks almost like a piece of BMW art just like in the pictures. If you haven't seen Jordan's build thread, make sure to check it out. With a build like that, buying from him couldn't be anything but great. Highly recommend.
          1989 BMW 325ix, Virginia

Comment

I am super excited to see this. The ABS performance on my E30 has always seemed a bit lackluster, and while I am not sure how much of that is due to these being "early" systems, I am pretty sure that the fact that it has not been serviced at all in 30 years is not helping. Anyway, email has been sent & I look forward to a fresh ABS unit!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Got mine a few days ago can't wait to install it, thank you Jordan!
              When you get a chance shoot me some pics of those cores after you take 'em apart just curious who lives there lol

Comment

I just installed mine this weekend. It was an afternoon project, and I ended up learning a lot about how the unit works. I made a how-to thread with pictures on here, and it has all sorts of fun "sketchy electrical shenanigans" as I opted to run the ABS unit with the car on stands to get the last of the air out. Overall, I'd say that brake pedal feel improved a little (but noticeably) over how it was, BUT the functionality of the ABS unit is worlds different now. My old one was definitely not working correctly, and it is a hell of a lot better now than it was. This was money well spent!

DIY thread:

Comment

First ever sale today through the 5th. If you've been on the fence since the introduction now is the time to get the safety of these cars back up on par with when it was new!

Comment

People should jump on this. Putting in one of these units is the single best thing I have ever done to improve braking performance (even when the ABS unit is not firing).

Comment

Jordan - apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but do you offer any other levels of ABS pump rebuild? I have a "driver" car and I care much more about the functionality/mechanical integrity than the cosmetic aspects (my engine bay is still covered in grubby cosmoline, haha), so would be fine with a pump that isn't vapor honed to perfection on the outside or otherwise doesn't "look" totally new, but with rebuilt internals. Not sure if skipping some of the exterior polish actually saves you much work/time, but thought I'd ask for those of us who aren't going for full concours-looking mechanicals. Not a knock against your work at all; I think your attention to detail is amazing and super commendable! I've just been spending a ton of money on the car lately so was thinking about potential less costly ways to improve ABS pump performance. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I certainly understand not everyone NEEDS a shiny jewel in the corner of the engine compartment. I have made a few "blem" pumps at request for racecars, but it isn't something I like doing. The work that goes into it is still essentially the same for me, and I would rather only ship out my finest work.

In other news the new website went live 2 weeks ago, complete with a traditional webstore system. I've branched out into multiple different makes and models that share the same Bosch ABS2 topology.

Originally posted by AlpinStar View Post
                        Jordan - apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but do you offer any other levels of ABS pump rebuild? I have a "driver" car and I care much more about the functionality/mechanical integrity than the cosmetic aspects (my engine bay is still covered in grubby cosmoline, haha), so would be fine with a pump that isn't vapor honed to perfection on the outside or otherwise doesn't "look" totally new, but with rebuilt internals. Not sure if skipping some of the exterior polish actually saves you much work/time, but thought I'd ask for those of us who aren't going for full concours-looking mechanicals. Not a knock against your work at all; I think your attention to detail is amazing and super commendable! I've just been spending a ton of money on the car lately so was thinking about potential less costly ways to improve ABS pump performance. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I kinda guessed it was about the same amount of work for you either way - thanks for the info! I’ll be looking to rebuild my ABS pump sometime in the not too distant future, so thanks for offering that service. The new website looks great, BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X