WTB - Getrag 260 and other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB - Getrag 260 and other

Got an e30 I want to swap in a manual. Been looking for a donor car/shell but figured I'd give here a try.

Need the whole shebang. Would also like to find an m20 325 head too.

I just joined today so I'm new this... I have a '91 318iC manual that I've owned for about 26 years now that I may have to part out. I had the engine rebuilt on it, however, we cannot find a lower timing chain case replacement for the rebuild, which led to the rebuild, so I may have to part out the vehicle. How are you defining the "whole shebang" ?

Comment

Originally posted by dnic View Post
      I just joined today so I'm new this... I have a '91 318iC manual that I've owned for about 26 years now that I may have to part out. I had the engine rebuilt on it, however, we cannot find a lower timing chain case replacement for the rebuild, which led to the rebuild, so I may have to part out the vehicle. How are you defining the "whole shebang" ?
      The M42 transmission will not work with an M20. It's a Getrag 240, considerably weaker than the Getrag 260. And besides that, is clocked for the later 24v engine angle. You could physically bolt it up but the trans mounts and shifter will be clocked wrong.

Honestly I'd try to sell it whole first - people like these cars way more than you probably think. Or just swap in a different motor, there's tons of great swaps for the E30 platform. Otherwise, feed it to the wolves I guess..
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

That's heavy stuff. Where are you?

Comment

I’m in SoCal, San Diego area.

Comment

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post
            That's heavy stuff. Where are you?
            I'm in northern Utah, if you were asking the OP. Willing to drive 500+- miles to pickup.

Comment

I'm in ME - too far.

Comment

Working...
              X