Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB ix block/motor

r3v,
    Looking for ix motor or at least the block. Pls lemme know, preferably in SoCal-ish but for the reasonable $$ ok with shipping...
    Thx.

Am I confused here? Aren't they all M20's?
    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Nope. Different motor mount holes on the block and oil pump spins opposite direction. You can modify the block to work in an ix but takes a little tinkering.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kraken View Post
        Nope. Different motor mount holes on the block and oil pump spins opposite direction. You can modify the block to work in an ix but takes a little tinkering.

Yup ^^ finding out the hard way myself ;(

Comment

I have engines, short blocks and bare blocks. Most parts are in WV, but I have one complete engine in Maine. Freight to Cali would be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post
            I have engines, short blocks and bare blocks. Most parts are in WV, but I have one complete engine in Maine. Freight to Cali would be insane.

So, u have a complete one and blocks for IX??

Comment

I have a complete bottom end from a '91iX with around 170k but its in Copake, NY.
              FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
              Saab/GM tech2 programming
              My for sale thread
              1990 325iX for sale or part out
              Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
              And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Originally posted by barbierij View Post
                I have a complete bottom end from a '91iX with around 170k but its in Copake, NY.
                PM me with your zip and details..

Comment

Originally posted by kraken View Post

Bad news bears. Always thought the IX was cool but more and more glad I skipped out.
                  sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                    Bad news bears. Always thought the IX was cool but more and more glad I skipped out.
                    Yeah, I can respect that. It's pretty bad ass to drive a classic BMW all year, but that salt kills these things. And they are a bitch to find parts for at a decent price.
                    My for sale thread

And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

pm'd

Comment

pm'd too, but you might as well buy local. These are heavy.
                        My for sale thread

Comment

Here is what I have. I'm not sure if I want to sell all of these and I might trade for RWD 2.5 engines with excellent compression. I do not keep junk around: It goes to the salvage yard.

1) Out of car - complete engine in excellent condition - did compression test before removal (155-160) $750 complete/$400 for short block In Maine

2) In car - complete engine - can be started and driven around the block (compression test can be done) - this engine is in my former daily driver (some putz hit and ran so i am parting the car) $650.00 complete/$350.00 shortblock in Morgantown,WV

3) Short block from a daily driver that my girl friend drove until it rusted out - it ran strong and had good compression - I have kept the cylinders spayed down with oil since I pulled the head for my current daily driver. Stored inside $300 Morgantown,WV

4) Short block core pulled from my daily driver that was hit - fairly low mile engine, but cylinders glazed over a bit - would need hone and rings - stored inside $250.00 Morgantown,WV

5) Bare block been buried under a bench for a while so I'm not sure of the details $100 Morgantown,WV

Comment

bump, still looking

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X