WTB: M42 Engine Wire Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: M42 Engine Wire Harness

I'd like to buy an E30 M42 engine wire harness. No worries if it is dirty/greasy, but it must have no cut wires or other damage to the conductors or connectors. PM me if you have one.

Thanks!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

HMMMMM what do you have going on
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
      I'd like to buy an E30 M42 engine wire harness. No worries if it is dirty/greasy, but it must have no cut wires or other damage to the conductors or connectors. PM me if you have one. Thanks!
      I have one still in the car and mostly disconnected from motor( mid swap) let Me Know if interested im in 98110 if you want to research shipping Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        HMMMMM what do you have going on
        Big plans. I have a stand alone ECU on order, and I am going to be modifying a stock harness to support full sequential injection, knock control, traction control (will take some experimenting with the ABS module to figure out where to steal wheel speed signals from), WBO2 feedback and probably some other nonsense. Now that the car is running super well on the stock ECU, I figure it is time to start a project that will leave it not running for another year lol.

Comment

Big plans. I have a stand alone ECU on order, and I am going to be modifying a stock harness to support full sequential injection, knock control, traction control (will take some experimenting with the ABS module to figure out where to steal wheel speed signals from), WBO2 feedback and probably some other nonsense. Now that the car is running super well on the stock ECU, I figure it is time to start a project that will leave it not running for another year lol.
          Should I start to remove the harness this weekend? I need to keep the half that stays for my swap but willing to part with the motor to OBD I plug point. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I only need the engine harness, which is an entirely separate harness from everything else you'll need for your swap. It can be removed 100% without any cutting or damaging anything else. C101 is the big round connector which you need for your swap, and the engine harness just unplugs from that. Actually, can you confirm that the vehicle is a coupe with the battery in the trunk? I think that the coupe and sedan harnesses differ in how the main battery & ground terminals are configured.

If that all checks out, PM me with how much $ you want for it. These things usually go for $80-120 depending on their condition.

Comment

I only need the engine harness, which is an entirely separate harness from everything else you'll need for your swap. It can be removed 100% without any cutting or damaging anything else. C101 is the big round connector which you need for your swap, and the engine harness just unplugs from that. Actually, can you confirm that the vehicle is a coupe with the battery in the trunk? I think that the coupe and sedan harnesses differ in how the main battery & ground terminals are configured. If that all checks out, PM me with how much $ you want for it. These things usually go for $80-120 depending on their condition.
              Mine is a sedan with battery in trunk, I can send pictures if needed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool!! I hope we get to see it documented here.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by steel330i View Post
                  Mine is a sedan with battery in trunk, I can send pictures if needed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  OK, yeah it should be the one that I am looking for. If you have a chance to snap a quick picture of the battery tray area where the harness is grounded and connected to the terminals on the firewall we can make sure before it gets taken apart. I'm 99% sure it is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Very cool!! I hope we get to see it documented here.
                    Yeah, I do plan to document it in my usual OCD style.

Comment

Have one if your in need

Comment

OK, yeah it should be the one that I am looking for. If you have a chance to snap a quick picture of the battery tray area where the harness is grounded and connected to the terminals on the firewall we can make sure before it gets taken apart. I'm 99% sure it is fine.
                        I’ll snap some in the morning. Just got home and it’s too dark out Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You guys get a chance to pull the harnesses / look them over? I shot some PMs out over the weekend. Let me know. Thanks.

Comment

You guys get a chance to pull the harnesses / look them over? I shot some PMs out over the weekend. Let me know. Thanks.
                            Apologies! Crazy couple of nights/days at work, will post pics tomorrow... appreciate your patience. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a harness out of an E36 late M42 car, not sure if thats any help for you at all but if it is let me know.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X