Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**R3V SALE** 4x100-5x120 & 4x100-5x114.3 Cheapest on the market ~> E30Sports.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30crazie View Post
    I disagree ^... Most 5 lug conversions are made for just that reason, a set of wheels. You are going to tell me that its a performance enhancement to convert your car to 5 lugs using 318ti trailing arms and M3 components in the front. The way I figure is the majority of e30 owners that go that route is just for that specific reason, to swap the style 5's or BBS LM's etc etc. Lets face it, 5x120 is a popular fitment and our e30's are not made in those measurements, and some very popular wheels that come in the 5x120 bolt pattern is what I see on e30's all the time. So tell me, is it to much work for just a set of wheels...
    Yes, that's too much work for a set of wheels lol. Honestly, I ran adapters for a bit but didn't like the poke and small tire size I had to run because of it. I ended up buying a nice set of RS replicas in 4x100 17x8.5 for LESS than the cost of the adapters. I am considering buying adapters again though, for a project 323i since I have a few sets of 5x120 wheels already.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I have a fitment question for you guys. I'm having a problem keeping the long silver bolts from coming loose from the adapter causing wheel to wobble and would eventually fall off. How are you guys getting the silver bolts that screw into adapter and hold the wheels to stay on and not come off ?

Comment

Originally posted by vvaughn View Post
        I have a fitment question for you guys. I'm having a problem keeping the long silver bolts from coming loose from the adapter causing wheel to wobble and would eventually fall off. How are you guys getting the silver bolts that screw into adapter and hold the wheels to stay on and not come off ?
        You have installation problem. After 400 sets sold no one had reported this. Please share pictures of your installation

Comment

when will these bad boys go on sale again ?

Comment

Originally posted by jayamasaki79 View Post
            when will these bad boys go on sale again ?
            Not yet

Comment

bump

Comment

Has anyone tracked their car with these adapters? I assume it probably isn't a good idea but wanted to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdougal View Post
                  Has anyone tracked their car with these adapters? I assume it probably isn't a good idea but wanted to ask.
                  Why not a good idea? Adaptec and 42dd adapters tested over 3 years on track. And they are only 6065-t6.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushi View Post
                    Why not a good idea? Adaptec and 42dd adapters tested over 3 years on track. And they are only 6065-t6.
                    So in others words those brands are of lesser quality materials and they have been tracked so yours should be able to handle track duties as well?

Comment

Originally posted by mcdougal View Post
                      So in others words those brands are of lesser quality materials and they have been tracked so yours should be able to handle track duties as well?
                      I have not tracked them. but they can be used for track

Comment

Any idea on what to torque these to?

Comment

Originally posted by JGBimmer81 View Post
                          Any idea on what to torque these to?
                          90 ft lbs all bolts and studs

Comment

received and installed adapters and all is good except the studs are too long for center caps to mount.

in hindsight, i saw one previous post where it was mentioned but does anyone have a solution update?

Originally posted by Mushi View Post
                            we are developing new studs that can fit flush and helps wheel caps to fit with out issues.

I have long studs if you want and I can do free of charge with the kit instead of bolts.
                            i would really like to use my center caps without having to cut the studs or spend another $120 for shorter studs elsewhere.

anyone else have this issue? first time using adapters, please advise, thanks.

Last edited by mxtx; 05-03-2016, 05:42 PM.
                            '89 E30 Touring, '85 911 3.2 Coupe, '89 GB500, '96 XR400

Comment

Originally posted by mxtx View Post
                              received and installed adapters and all is good except the studs are too long for center caps to mount.

in hindsight, i saw one previous post where it was mentioned but does anyone have a solution update?

i would really like to use my center caps without having to cut the studs or spend another $120 for shorter studs elsewhere.

anyone else have this issue? first time using adapters, please advise, thanks.

I had cut my bolts and studs to fit the center caps

Comment

Well how the heck do you remove if the top of the stud is cutoff?
                                1991 318IS

Comment

Working...
                                X