No announcement yet.

Stromung Cat-Back SS Exhaust Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talked with Scott yesterday and he provided some clarification on options for m20 cars based on fitment issues they've seen in the past. He'll build anything you want, but he has had some complaints about fitment issues on late model cars.

Early model cars WITHOUT a real valence can get an exhaust with tips that come straight out of the muffler with flat ends (similar to e30m3)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	37337842780_017bbdafce_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.6 KB ID:	10084265

Late model cars with a metal valence, MT1, MT2, and probably early model cars with a valence will not be able to fit straight exhaust tips. These car require the tips to be angled as they exit the muffler. The ends of the tips can be flat (square to the tube) or mitered (similar to the stock exhaust tips)

Angled output with square tips:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230209_094258.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	10084266

You also have the option to have either the perforated metal core in the tips, or hollow (no core).

If anyone has good pictures, that would be great!
    Last edited by McGyver; 02-09-2023, 07:53 AM.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Is there any more room for one more?

Comment

Originally posted by Harolddaniel View Post
        Is there any more room for one more?
        YES! Please try to get your order in today. Follow the instructions on the thread above.

Comment

Has anyone made a payment yet? Scott emailed me last week asking when is a good time to call me, but I have yet to hear from him.
          Feedback
          Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

Can I get in on this? 1988 325is…..angled tips
            Last edited by E30911; 02-14-2023, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IRUNEDM View Post
              Has anyone made a payment yet? Scott emailed me last week asking when is a good time to call me, but I have yet to hear from him.
              Same here. He asked when I could make payment then I haven't heard anything.

Comment

Hope I can get added to this also. I went through and placed my order on the website already.

I bought a Walker (Starla) OEM replacement last week off Rock Auto, fitment and bends were all wrong so it got returned.

Comment

Scott took a $100 deposit on Feb. 8 and estimated the first batch of 5 would be ready to ship around the 22nd.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by Kristobel View Post
                    Hope I can get added to this also. I went through and placed my order on the website already.

I bought a Walker (Starla) OEM replacement last week off Rock Auto, fitment and bends were all wrong so it got returned.
                    Please be sure you mentioned R3vLimited Group Buy on your order

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

Please be sure you mentioned R3vLimited Group Buy on your order
                      I did. Thanks for confirming Stan

Comment

I must be in the second batch because I haven't heard anything yet. I'll probably make a quick call tomorrow to make sure all is good.

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Scott took a $100 deposit on Feb. 8 and estimated the first batch of 5 would be ready to ship around the 22nd.
                          Scott just gave me a call to take my $100 deposit. He said I’m part of the first batch.
                          Feedback
                          Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

Scott just gave me a call to take my $100 deposit. He said I’m part of the first batch.
                            Got a call last night as well. He said I'm #6; so second batch.
                            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

I am #1 on the list per Scott and we chatted over the phone and he took my deposit..
                              1993 325iC
                              1998 M3
                              1987 535iS

Comment

Scott gave me a call randomly yesterday for my payment information.
                                Sounds like he's planning on sending the first (or second?) batch starting next week at some point.
                                FWIW I really hope Scott starts something like a Shopify store at some point so there's less friction in the future :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X