No announcement yet.

Spacers and Adapters....100% custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so with the 4x100 to 5x120 adaptor, what kind of ET would i be looking for in a wheel that would actually work with an e30? i still trying to learn how it all works and everything. how it adds and subtractors from spacers and everything

Comment

Originally posted by cybourg13 View Post
      so with the 4x100 to 5x120 adaptor, what kind of ET would i be looking for in a wheel that would actually work with an e30? i still trying to learn how it all works and everything. how it adds and subtractors from spacers and everything

I run a 16x8 et20 wheel now that is 4x100. 225.45.16 and it is tucking in the back and not very low in the front(IE3 springs). So if you go with the 20mm adapter style you would probably want a wheel somewhere in the ballpark of et40 to et50 as the offset of the wheel itself. Basically a lot of E36/E46 'standard' fitment would be good. This will set you up with an et20-et30 wheel. Run a 215 or 225 and should be pretty golden. If you are willing to stretch tires and run 205s or similar you could have your final et down in the 10s... depends on wheel width as well though so consider that.

*edit edit*

Found it in post 108... seems you bolt the 'dual bolt circle' to the car. That gives you a place to put the lugs.... if I get a full kit for an E30 that is 4x100 to 5x120 20mm does it come with lugs for the 5 lug wheels? Total cost?

OP,

Can you explain as best as possible how the 4x100 to 4x120 works. I see the photos. I sort of understand but really don't... Sorry if that is confusing. Photo of it mounted to the hub without a wheel on it? Have my eye on some 5x120 wheels for my e30 just to run as 'street' wheels and very interested.

Is 20mm the smallest/thinnest available? Thanks for the information and setting this up!
      Last edited by dinanm3atl; 05-03-2010, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
        I run a 16x8 et20 wheel now that is 4x100. 225.45.16 and it is tucking in the back and not very low in the front(IE3 springs). So if you go with the 20mm adapter style you would probably want a wheel somewhere in the ballpark of et40 to et50 as the offset of the wheel itself. Basically a lot of E36/E46 'standard' fitment would be good. This will set you up with an et20-et30 wheel. Run a 215 or 225 and should be pretty golden. If you are willing to stretch tires and run 205s or similar you could have your final et down in the 10s... depends on wheel width as well though so consider that.
        so i was looking at the style 162 wheels i have a feeling they might look good. i can get them in 18x8 with a et34 or the 18x8.8 as a et37 then subject to tires, but i have a feeling 18's are way to freaking big for the car itself, i know 17's look good any wheels in mind? also my cars in sig but im on h&R race springs and billys sports

Comment

Full set of DS2s look so good on E30...

Comment

really? i mean they look alright i guess i just havent seen the right e30 with em or something.

Comment

Browse bf.c wheels/tires section. Lots of wheels pop up.

Comment

What is the grade of the lug bolts? 10.9?
                85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                e30 restoration and V8 swap
                24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

affirmative
                  Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

*edit edit*

Found it in post 108... seems you bolt the 'dual bolt circle' to the car. That gives you a place to put the lugs.... if I get a full kit for an E30 that is 4x100 to 5x120 20mm does it come with lugs for the 5 lug wheels? Total cost?

OP,

Can you explain as best as possible how the 4x100 to 4x120 works. I see the photos. I sort of understand but really don't... Sorry if that is confusing. Photo of it mounted to the hub without a wheel on it? Have my eye on some 5x120 wheels for my e30 just to run as 'street' wheels and very interested.

Is 20mm the smallest/thinnest available? Thanks for the information and setting this up!
                    So in the end, with these adapters, fitting a 20mm wheel with not work unless I do major fender rolling, correct? I was looking at a 20mm ofsset, size 16x7.5.
                    Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                    BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

That is et0... once you slap on the adapters and mount the wheel.

Here is a 16x8 et20 with 225.45.16 in the front. You can do the math and move it out 20mm... in theory if you went with a 205.40.16 with some mild stretch it would probably work...

Comment

That is et0... once you slap on the adapters and mount the wheel.

Here is a 16x8 et20 with 225.45.16 in the front. You can do the math and move it out 20mm... in theory if you went with a 205.40.16 with some mild stretch it would probably work...
                        Thanks as that does look nice.

It's this or e30 m3 setup...so still debating. E36 5-lug is an option but geometry can be off by a little after all the tweaks and prefer OEM geometry, as it is was made the e30 so good in my opinion.
                        Even with the small stretch, you think fender rolling is necessary?
                        Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                        BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

^^ theres is a chance you might need slight rolling...however has he mentioned a mild stretch would cure that issue.

-Rob

PM for information

Comment

Hey Rob, any chance you guys could make a 4x100 to 5x120.7 adapter? Im lookin for like an overall thickness of 25mm

LMK

Taylor
                            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
                              Thanks as that does look nice.

It's this or e30 m3 setup...so still debating. E36 5-lug is an option but geometry can be off by a little after all the tweaks and prefer OEM geometry, as it is was made the e30 so good in my opinion.
                              Even with the small stretch, you think fender rolling is necessary?
                              The photo just to clarify is:

16x8
                              et20

So if you went with a 16x7.5 and went with a smaller tire like a 205 on that wheel it should fit quite nicely with an et20. Similar to where mine sits now but a little farther in since it isn't as wide. Could defintiely be made to work.

I kind of want a set of Style 5s for the street. 17x8 et20. This spacer would be et20 and run a 205.40.17. Should work.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
                                Hey Rob, any chance you guys could make a 4x100 to 5x120.7 adapter? Im lookin for like an overall thickness of 25mm

LMK

Taylor
                                I see not an issue with this.

PM for information

Comment

Working...
                                X