No announcement yet.

JOM Coilover System Group Buy #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im thinking about just going with a vert kit for my four door. Anyone think this would be a bad idea?

Comment

getting good reviews about my car :D A lot of my friends cant tell its sitting like a rake right now either, the lower fender confuses them. also, got positive reviews about how they ride. Was told it was barely noticeable and i dont think my lady has noticed a thing about the ride difference (go figure). these get my thumbs up :up: and i finally scraped. caught my oilpan pulling into a stall at the car wash..

Comment

Yeah How would a vert kit feel on a m42 318is coupe?
        anyone?

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

If the vert kit isnt much stiffer Ill take one.. Did you get an answer for spring rate differences?

Comment

I would love a vert kit. PM sent!
            86' 325e

Quote:
            Originally Posted by 02stu
            They're (e30s) very sensible if you never want to get laid by anything other then a college student..on second thought

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post
              Yeah How would a vert kit feel on a m42 318is coupe?
              anyone?
              Its a noticeable difference in ride quality but nothing terrible. You'll need to get different springs for the rear though. im running no adjusters and its still just a little lower than stock. the front is good though. im only halfway down in front. could probably drop my motor on the ground if i went all the way down

Comment

Originally posted by e30BMart View Post
                If the vert kit isnt much stiffer Ill take one.. Did you get an answer for spring rate differences?

The vert kit (what I ran when I purchased) is stiffer in the rear. But also taller. Keep that in mind.
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

confused noob here,

does running no adjusters allow more low?

Ordered a vert kit for my 318i sedan and want a more noticeable difference in the rear than Richard Fitzwell describes.

Comment

Yes, running no adjuster will get you the width of the adjuster lower. Not much, honestly. Removing spring pads can also help this as they are close to a half inch together. Still, the rear springs from the JOM's are a tad high for early model cars to pull off well. The late model(s) I've installed these on have been just about perfect. If you're running stanced wheel/tire combo's it will not be low enough. If you're running anything close to a stock diameter and decent sized tire (read 45+ series) you should be happy with these and the resulting low.

In my very personal, biased opinion (read that last bit carefully as it pertains strictly to my own preference/tastes), the rear springs are inadequate for how well the front's perform/look. I would look into getting replacement rear springs. A 5" or 6" Eibach/GC spring in the 400lb-600lb range would do wonders.
                    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I sent money for a vert kit! Hoping it gets shipped out quickly! Thanks Mighty
                      86' 325e

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by 02stu
                      They're (e30s) very sensible if you never want to get laid by anything other then a college student..on second thought

Comment

The shipping was very fast for coming from overseas, I think mine got here in 6 days from the time I ordered them.

Originally posted by E30Rookie37 View Post
                        I sent money for a vert kit! Hoping it gets shipped out quickly! Thanks Mighty

Comment

would these work on e30 m3? is there any other modification required other than fitting them to regular e30 struts (besides cutting tubes...) very interested....

Comment

Sorry no, the these will not fit a M3.
                            1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
                            1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
                            1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

Ill take a set when they're available again!
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

How did you guys install the front springs? What kind of spring compressor did you use? I rented one from O'Reilly's but it doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                                X