JOM Coilover System Group Buy #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
    okay are the valved differently or just stock e30 kybs?
    I heard they were stock kybs
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Finally got these JOMs installed onto my car.
      Amazing shipping, ordered on a Thursday and they came Monday!
      Here's a picture with them on from last night.
      Note that I have the adjusters on in the rear, probably why it's sitting kind of high.
      But I'm very happy with these, the ride is very nice. I would recommend them to anyone.

I lurk a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
        jom shocks are kybs fyi
        Is it me or does it not say "kyb" anywhere on those shocks....

They are probably similar to quality.

For the price I think GE coils + kyb's would be the way to go...

Comment

Is there anyone here that have used these at the track yet? If so, please chime in on how they performed.
          Last edited by ACHTUNG; 07-12-2012, 05:17 PM.
          1989 US E30 Cammed S52
          Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

i might be picking up a set of these in the next week or two, They will be used at the track for me so i will let you know how they go!

Comment

what springs are people using to fix the rears? seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TYBG View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ACHTUNG View Post
                  Is there anyone here that have used these at the track yet? If so, please chime in on how they performed.
                  There are a few people here that have in fact tracked these coils. They seem to be fine with them as long as theyre not slammed. Theyre definitely a tad on the soft side, but will definitely do the job.
                  Im sure if you look far bacj enough on this thread you will find some talking about their track setup
                  I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by TYBG View Post
                    Megan 8kg 130mm, no pads or adjusters.

Originally posted by SoCalKidz View Post
                    Mine came out with a little man power and everything disconnected. The fronts are easy I just spun the collar all the way down and it bolted up perfect. However ill get pictures of my rear shocks and want to see if any other car has had this problem... On the rear shock the part that covers the piston on top broke. Thus causing it to slide down and rattle. Any fix or should i just weld it?
                    Damn, mine did that exact thing. I put a bit of JB weld on and it's been fine for the past few days. Not sure about longevity though.
                    Last edited by Vivek; 07-14-2012, 11:51 PM.
                    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Is the rear spring loose if you install it without adjusters? I feel like the base of the spring wouldn't fit as snug

Comment

I just used some quick steel stuff. Hopefully it works I hates the rattle. But other than that and the soft rear springs I love these.

Comment

Originally posted by spike68 View Post
                          There are a few people here that have in fact tracked these coils. They seem to be fine with them as long as theyre not slammed. Theyre definitely a tad on the soft side, but will definitely do the job.
                          Im sure if you look far bacj enough on this thread you will find some talking about their track setup
                          I thought I read every post in this thread. Maybe I missed something. Some mentioned that they were interested in tracking these coilovers but no one actually has posted their first hand experience with them on the track.
                          1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                          Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                            Megan 8kg 130mm, no pads or adjusters.

Damn, mine did that exact thing. I put a bit of JB weld on and it's been fine for the past few days. Not sure about longevity though.
                            where did you get your rear springs from?
                            Feedback
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=270560

Comment

I bought them off a forum member. They're about $69 each new (i think). If I was to order new ones I'd definitely get something stiffer.

For anyone interested in running it that low: The ride is HARSH. I really wouldn't recommend it for anyone too far over 20. The suspension travel in the rear is very minimal and your ass will bounce off the seat. But I fuckin love it.
                              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Tell me about it. My e34 is a so harsh right now with Volglands and no spring pads. Its bone jarring.
                                1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
                                1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
                                1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

Working...
                                X