German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philo View Post
    First 50 price still apply for all that get in on the first round? What is the deadline?
    I'm interested in this as well because I'm poor.
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

when can i pay and expect things to be at the doorstep so i can achieve moar low ^_^
      I can run Auto Checks on VINs for tips/donations:
      PM me VIN(s) and I'll get you ALL the public recorded info that I have available.
      paypal as gift to Mike@benzinkrieg.com

Information/Request sticky thread for Vehicle History Reports
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=216119

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
        I'm interested in this as well because I'm poor.
        No, you are not poor. Neither am I.
        We are rich who does not have money.
        Poors drive toyotas....
        » PARTS FOR SALE
        » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Those of you who have not received an invoice yet please provide me with your email address. I'm going to send out invoices to everyone this weekend except jgood. As thanks for being the first official customer your dust boots are on me.

I'd like to be able to place the order for the springs through Hypercoil by the first of the month. Payment will be done through google checkout so if you don't already have an account please set one up. The spring will take approximately 2 months to be produced and shipped.
          Last edited by einstein57; 09-22-2011, 11:03 PM.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

1. bloodshot-e30
            2. johnwoo-Coilovers, dust boots, and camber plates $455 (450f 650r)
            3. xoneslosentrax
            4. iwantspeed
            5. MR 325 (450f/650r w/camber plates)
            6. giantkeeper (w/ dust boots and camber plates 450f 650r - stiffer if available)
            7. noahp45 (Coilovers (dk spring rates yet) with Camber plates
            8. mach schnell
            9. mtlbloodshot (450f 650r coilovers, dust boots, eurothane uppers and camber plates)
            10. Luis325 (race rates)
            11. Cronopoulos (450f/650r or 500f/700r if available) camber plates, dust boots, rsm's...
            12. EThirty318i (450f 650r coilovers)
            13. jasonsnoddy (everything but keyless entry, 450f 650r)
            14. Puma (will be convinced by the goat)
            15. nebulous123 (Coilovers 450f 650r, dust boots, and camber plates)
            16. robert23 (450f 650r)
            17. der affe (500f 700r in a 6" spring)
            18. 6gen91 (stiffest setup )
            19. djjerme (450f 650r - possibly camber plates if the one's I got won't work..)
            20. e46s54dr (450f/650r + dust boot) edit: if stiffer rates are available, I'll take those.
            21. Den_k321 ( 450f/650r )
            22. e30gentry no modification needed (450f 650r) dust boots and camber plates
            23. RagtopE30 (450f/650r or 500f/700r if available) camber plates, dust boots, rsm's
            24. howdyhoayman (don't know what spring rates yet but will get stiff af ones with camber plates)
            25. pputkowski - Coilovers (300f/500r), dust boots, and camber plates
            26. trackjunkie21- Coilovers (450f/650r)
            27. Robiniscool
            28. mhuyn h- Coilovers (450f/650r)
            29. Kwill22- coilovers (450f/650r) camber plates dust boots
            30. Sonj91- coilovers (450f/650r)
            31. dave.a.cote - coilovers (450f/650r) camber plates dust boots
            32. spidmang - Coilovers (450f/650r)
            33. IRUNEDM - coilovers (450f/650r) camber plates dust boots
            34. xAZxE30x - Coilovers (500f/750r if i can get that) Camber plates, dust boots
            35. Luis.e30325es- coilovers (450f/650r) and dust boots
            36. Fusion - coilovers (450f/650r) and dust boots (international shipping, not in a hurry)
            37. JGood - Coilovers (450f/650r) camber plates and dust boots[/quote]
            38. mo diesil
            39. artfunk007
            40. ADCD875 - coilovers (450f/650r) and Dust Boots
            41. noe30 - Coilovers (45/650) and dust boots
            42. Harry's e30 (450f/650r) possibly dust boots and camber plates
            43. 2.7i/3.2M (450f/650r)
            44. e30slideways - Coilovers, dust boots, and $455 (rates pending)
            45. marco 325 a
            46. thebutcher37 - Coilovers (???F/???R) most likely camber plates as well.
            47. Roysneon - 450/650 Coilovers, dust boots and camber plates.
            48. e30_(1st musk)_- get a 500f/750r
            49. 801coppertop (300f/500r) dust boots & camber plates
            50. sleepy350 - Coilovers (450f/650r) and Dust Boots possibly camber plates
            51. TrippinBimmer - Coilovers, Dust Boot, Camber Plates, and RSM. (450/650)
            52.Mercury[BKM] - Coilovers 450/650, dust boots, and camber plates (Got RSMs?) Mike@benzinkrieg.com
            53. E30Chino - Coilovers (350f/500r)
            54. Blackout - 450/650 Coilovers, dust boots, debating on camber plates.
            55. Sacbmwdriver - 450/650

Comment

Just sent my payment. Cant wait for these to arrive!
              Feedback
              Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

fffffffuuuuuuu wish i had monies. what's the final price with the camber plates?
                Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Originally posted by IRUNEDM View Post
                  Just sent my payment. Cant wait for these to arrive!
                  That a boy.. Your car is coming out great kevin. Keep it up

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...46#post3229446

Comment

Originally posted by azael325i View Post
                    That a boy.. Your car is coming out great kevin. Keep it up
                    Thanks man. Cant wait to see your setup.
                    Feedback
                    Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                      Those of you who have not received an invoice yet please provide me with your email address. I'm going to send out invoices to everyone this weekend except jgood. Thats for being the first official customer. Dust boots are on me.

I'd like to be able to place the order for the springs through Hypercoil by the first of the month. Payment will be done through google checkout so if you don't already have an account please set one up. The spring will take approximately 2 months to be produced and shipped.

Wow, thanks! I even waited a while to pay haha. I hope a bunch of people don't end up flaking.

So if you get enough money together by Oct 1st, we are looking at a early Dec ship date? Any rough estimates on the camber plates?

Pay up everyone, lets get this rolling!

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                      e30 restoration and V8 swap
                      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

I want to pay but dont know what spring rate to get.

Comment

I'm having some issues with design revisions with the manufacturer. I've come up with a few slight tweeks to improve the fitment and functionality that need to be implemented. The more I think about it the more I want to change the design and add bearings, implement rollers in to the top hats, add caster, etc. I kinda get the feeling most people have no clue how a race style camber plate effects pot hole jolts and steering wheel feedback. Not to mention the increase in turning effort for parrallel parking.

I've also been thinking about looking in to 60mm front setup and a 2.25" rear setup. Hypercoil has a huge selection in that range from 200lb-2000lb springs. This would mean almost no downtime for springs but the sleeves and adjuster would then become a delay. Pre made adjusters and sleeves from companies like eibach, bilstein, etc cost at least $30 per sleeve. That's not including top hats, adjusters, and wrenches. I have every intention of re designing the rear adjuster next year to a 2.25 spring for the large availability of shorter spring in rates that will satisfy almost everyone.

Anyway these are my thoughts and concerns. I know a lot of you can't wait that long to get a new suspension. At the end of the day I'm more intereted in offering a bitchin product then trying to make a couple bucks.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Sample pic from possible supplier

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                              I'm having some issues with design revisions with the manufacturer. I've come up with a few slight tweeks to improve the fitment and functionality that need to be implemented. The more I think about it the more I want to change the design and add bearings, implement rollers in to the top hats, add caster, etc. I kinda get the feeling most people have no clue how a race style camber plate effects pot hole jolts and steering wheel feedback. Not to mention the increase in turning effort for parrallel parking.

I've also been thinking about looking in to 60mm front setup and a 2.25" rear setup. Hypercoil has a huge selection in that range from 200lb-2000lb springs. This would mean almost no downtime for springs but the sleeves and adjuster would then become a delay. Pre made adjusters and sleeves from companies like eibach, bilstein, etc cost at least $30 per sleeve. That's not including top hats, adjusters, and wrenches. I have every intention of re designing the rear adjuster next year to a 2.25 spring for the large availability of shorter spring in rates that will satisfy almost everyone.

Anyway these are my thoughts and concerns. I know a lot of you can't wait that long to get a new suspension. At the end of the day I'm more intereted in offering a bitchin product then trying to make a couple bucks.

My 2 cents:

As for the camber plates, this is a street setup for me, so my desire to have them is simply to replace my worn, tall stock mounts. My priorities for the plates are as follows:

1. Shock travel and stack height
                              2. Durability
                              3. Comfort
                              4. Adjustment

Shock travel and stack height is by far my main priority. I'm pretty sure my H&R race/billy sport with stock upper mounts and e90 drop hats has my shocks bottomed out, so my travel consists of whatever the shocks bump stop allows.

Honestly, if the price goes over $200, I'll probably just go with a GC or similar setup, or even just use the stock mount. If you could build these plates as static offset upper strut mounts, for $80 vs $160, I'd buy them, given that the stack height, shock travel, comfort, durability, etc... was the same or better then your prototype plates.

I'm running RUFF camber plates that Carr offered a few years ago on my track car. They have cheap bearings, and the stack height is huge. But I'm OK with how it effected NVH, and after many track days and some street driving, the bearings are still smooth. I set them at max neg camber and never touched them since. I just wish they were shorter and cheaper. And it seems like you are doing that, so I think you should keep them as is.

Regarding the coilover kit, I'm not familiar with the different spring sizes and the pro/cons. Obviously, I'd prefer not to pay extra just for a wider spring selection since I'm OK with the current spring rates you are offering. But I'd be willing to spend a bit more if you do want to offer it that way, so that you are able to get more buyers and get things rolling. And I don't mind waiting a few months. We're already going in to winter, so I won't be using the coilovers until at least April anyway. I'd like to have them by then at the latest.

Maybe just break down all your options for us, with a price estimate for each one, and some pros and cons?
                              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                              e30 restoration and V8 swap
                              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

The there are no cons to changing the spring and perch diameters other then time. Same low cost, i get to order in lower quantities so i can have more selection in stock, and you guys would be able to take advantage of the used spring market to have a track set and a street set of springs with out breaking the bank.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X